Favourite Boots

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Barbulus
Tench

Favourite Boots

Post by Barbulus »

A new post...my favourite "fishing boots"....

What are yours ?

Fredline
Tench

Re: Favourite Boots

Post by Fredline »

Skeetex Field boots for me.

If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Just a pair of wellies for me!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Neoprene lined Chameau wellies.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

An old pair of training shoes. I'm much quieter wearing shoes than boots. Fishing afloat – again trainers – safer and much quieter than boots in a boat.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

British Army cold weather boots for me, still a bit dirty from fishing on Sunday. Goretx lined and toastie warm even with thin socks on. A bonus being that they are waterproof right up to the top. At least they have been form the last 3 years.
Last edited by MGs on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

This winter I am going to try Dunlop Blizzard boots rather than my normal wellies and warm socks. Doctor martens have always been a favourite of mine and I have never been without a pair of shoes with chunky soles.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

My favourite boots ...erm ...this is a bit of a no brainier.

As someone who always took footwear very seriously from a professional viewpoint, in my leisure/ fishing environment I pick these two.

Spring, summer and autumn I go with these:

Army issue Hiax desert boots. Lightweight due to the nylon panels, full grip sole, Goretex lined for those wet mornings and fully padded for comfort.

My winter boots
: American Matterhorn boots. There was a time when the British army issued these but they were a lower ankle variety. These in winter do the job perfectly. They are Goretex lined, Du point insulated mid sole layer on a Vibram sole. The uppers are 3/8thick leather which if treated with Mink Oil become so soft they are like slippers ( you can see the boots starting to fold over it the pic). Chambrelle quilted liner inside for comfort and a Kevlar toe cap for lightweight strength. Speed lacing eyelets and being high leg if you tuck in or “blouse” your trousers they don’t get muddied up. You can get the soles replaced when worn, keeping the broken in uppers. Speaking of breaking in- because the laces go all the way down to a small toe cap (armoured) they are extremely comfortable and new boots need virtually no breaking in.

The picture is of the originator of this thread and myself on a very wet winter day in March, sitting on a fence of some lake who’s name escapes me at the moment :Chuckle:

Our boots of choice are clearly displayed.

Fish warm = Fish effectively = Fishing enjoyment :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I remember taking that pic... :Hat:

I use a pair of Lidl neoprene wellies... warm comfy and more importantly cheap at £15 a pair :Hahaha: :Thumb:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Harry wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:04 pm I remember taking that pic... :Hat:

I use a pair of Lidl neoprene wellies... warm comfy and more importantly cheap at £15 a pair :Hahaha: :Thumb:
And a fine job indeed :Hat:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”