I don't know about 'traditional' ...

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

I don't know about 'traditional' ...

Post by AshbyCut »

... but certainly what the badly dressed aspiring angler was wearing in the '60's.

My brother (left) and I in 1960 on the quayside at Brixham with the fruits of our labours after a two hour mackerel chasing trip ... I love the sandals .. I hate the knees !!!!!

What a difference 5 years makes ... me on the beach spinning for mackerel at Christchurch in 1965. Note the kagoul, drainpipe jeans, and bobble hat ... looks like winter ? See the trees in the background ... that was what I wore in August !!! Still ... it hid my knees ... but I now have a craving for a proper bobble hat !!!

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Gurn
Chub

Re: I don't know about 'traditional' ...

Post by Gurn »

Great photos AC. In that second photo you look like some of todays studenty types, skinny jeans and converse trainers. Fashion seems to have come full circle. You really can't beat a decent bobble mate, or indeed Brixham, it is my ambition to retire there one day.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Gurn wrote:In that second photo you look like some of todays studenty types
Sir ... please don't make me show you pics of me as a studenty type 5 years after that pic ... they frighten me, let alone small children and animals !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

AshbyCut wrote:
Gurn wrote:In that second photo you look like some of todays studenty types
Sir ... please don't make me show you pics of me as a studenty type 5 years after that pic ... they frighten me, let alone small children and animals !!!
:laugh:

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

"Studenty types"1?!?

I think you mean 'hipsters'. :D

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Gurn wrote:Great photos AC. In that second photo you look like some of todays studenty types, skinny jeans and converse trainers. Fashion seems to have come full circle. You really can't beat a decent bobble mate, or indeed Brixham, it is my ambition to retire there one day.
You can't retire there Gurn - there's too many good fishing places in our area :wink:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Very true mate, we are blessed. Would love a little cottage and boat though. Anyone for lobster?

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Lovely AshbyCut. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I think ive just found wally :chuckle:

Last edited by Loop Erimder on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Watermole+
Chub

Post by Watermole+ »

Some fairly recent pictures of Brixham-just for you! :wink:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? Yet one of them shall not fall without your Father knoweth" ..Jesus of Nazareth, King James AV

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”