Trousers

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Trousers

Post by Mark »

I prefer green mole skin trousers when I’m fishing but sometimes I will wear green or brown corduroys. What’s your preference chaps.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Tony1964

Re: Trousers

Post by Tony1964 »

I wear corduroy as I find moleskin a little snug. I tried on some moleskin trousers recently and they were labelled at 2 inches bigger than I normally wear and I couldn't get into them. They weren't even close! I asked the salesman if the garment was wrongly labelled and he said no, they are always a lot smaller! I thought 40 inches was 40 inches whatever they are made of! Sorry, hmmm 32 inches, cough cough!!

GloucesterOldSpot

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

I suspect that's more to do with cut than cloth; a lot of traditional outfitters use a standard straight leg fit that dates back 150 years. Cavalry twill strides are the same. Men were thinner back then, probably due to all the extra excercise. If anything, I find the sizes quoted on moleskins and the like to be more accurate than those on high street garments, which have adopted the neat trick (used for years on women's clothes) of making them bigger than the stated size so the customer thinks they're thinner than they really are.

JohnnyP

Post by JohnnyP »

I wear my Barbour cords that I find are really comfortable for fishing in

I have a pair in green and a recently purchased (ebay) dark blue pair that are rather snazzy!

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

My preference would be to wear some of the 40 inch waist corduroy trousers that are hanging in my wardrobe.Unfortunately they dont fit and i am now wearing 42 inch waist Marks and Spencer jeans in suitably dark colours.I cant understand why the aforementioned cords are too tight.Is Ale fattening?.Surely not. :think: .

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

I not too fussed and just go with old and dark green or brown...
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Dave

Post by Dave »

Craghoppers for me...they do padded ones for winter. In the summer I like the fact you can unzip from the knee down to get a bit of air round the lilly white ankles

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

Another vote for Craghoppers - they might not be traditional, but when they come home plastered with bream slime, they're a lot easier to wash and dry than cords or moleskins!

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”