Hats

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

Re: Hats

Post by Shaun Harrison »

I like that but she will probably hate you one day for it.

Looks like the Sweetcorn Kid is bringing up the next Hovis Kid!

I can already see her pushing that bike up that steep hill.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Barbour crushable bushman for when its sunny, tweed cadetcap for autumn and when it's really cold one of the big ruesky jobs mentioned earlier... Though these are that warm I generally end up stuffing it in a pocket when walking along the banks...
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Shaun Harrison wrote:I like that but she will probably hate you one day for it.

Looks like the Sweetcorn Kid is bringing up the next Hovis Kid!

I can already see her pushing that bike up that steep hill.

Truth is when she has a say in it she'll be wearing the same as her friends.

Until then I get to call the shots... :Wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Not allowed a beard.... I have been threatened with a withdrawal of conjugal rights if a beard appears on my ugly visog... as I'm quite fond of the old conjugals I'll stay clean shaven ta everso :Thumb: :Hahaha: :laugh:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

Bluelabel wrote:Not allowed a beard.... I have been threatened with a withdrawal of conjugal rights if a beard appears on my ugly visog... as I'm quite fond of the old conjugals I'll stay clean shaven ta everso :Thumb: :Hahaha: :laugh:
Opposite for me, sort of... My dearest started to go through that horrible time in all women's lives. She is of a certain age (I'm 50 in 4 weeks time and she's a bit older..). Anyway, the old conjugal exercises started to... get less and less. Which is actually ok for me because the arthritis bloody hurts anyway. So, as my own little protest I grew a beard. I promised to shave it off once the erm, marital exercises resumed. It took a little while but I had to shave it off. Then I regrew it. This was about 5 years ago now. I've not shaved it off since but let's just say that things in the bedroom department are ok now.

My moustache I have proudly worn since I was 15 yrs old. It gets trimmed every few days as I cannot stand having it intrude into my mouth, Dick Strawbridge I am not :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

I know I’ve asked this before but now we have a lot more members maybe someone can suggest a place to look.

Can anyone suggest hat shops in the south/London/Kingston Area? Though I am willing to do a bit of a drive to find a good hat!

I have seen some I like online but without actually trying them on I am very reluctant to buy one and then have to send it back if I don’t like it or it doesn’t fit.

Cheers in advance as always chaps. :)
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

J T :Hat: , have a look on the bay :Hide: , Akubra hat is what your after , the Coober Pedy is a nice one , but they all are . Picked one up a few months ago for 17 pound I was lucky . Depends on how big your head is :Chuckle: . Kindest regards . Woolly Bear . :Hat:

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Cheer's WB I will check them out but I was really hoping to find somewhere I could go and try them on and make sure I like the style on me if you get what I mean. :)
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

JT - Places like Game Fairs are usually very good for hats and you get to wander around all the other cool stuff.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Hylands House (Chelmsford) Craft and game fair next weekend.... bound to get summat there :Hat: :Thumb:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”