Boots & Socks

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
BobbinWatcher

Re: Boots & Socks

Post by BobbinWatcher »

in the colder months i wear a pair of brasher hiking boots, with a pair of sealskinz sock underneath,, the beauty of the seal skinz, they are waterproof so when on the rare occasions i have dive of the bivvy i can just slip some crocs on n i,m away.

not cheap at around £25-30 a pair, but well worth the money.

http://www.sealskinz.com/

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

I've got Brashers and the Seal Skinz, too, and agree completely. I also have a pair of non-goretex Meindle boots and they're even better than the Brashers.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

hear, hear, on the seal skinz. Really warm as well. I wear hiking socks then my seal skins inside a pair of neoprene lined wellies. Result: feet warm as toast... :D
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

More often then not it is not the choice of boot that is the reason for cold feet, it is the choice of socks. If your feet sweat, your damp socks will soon chill your feet. After setting up for a night in cool weather I will often change my socks for a dry pair and have found this helps.

I usually only wear hiking boots all year round, I have the skeetex style wellies but find them too hot and uncomfortable to walk any distance in. In summer if fishing overnight I like to take a pair of flip flops to slip on in the evening.
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”