Top drawer work!

This forum belongs to Jason White of Dorset.
BerwickBrook

Top drawer work!

Post by BerwickBrook »

I’d just like to post an unashamed endorsement of Jason’s work.
I was given an Edgar Sealey Octopus by an old chap in the village who was keen for it to be used again. It needed some serious TLC however. I’ve now had it back from Jason, and had an opportunity to fish with it on the Dorset Stour, just yards from his workshop. I’m frankly bowled over by the whole experience.
Firstly, Jason is a joy to deal with – he has a zestful enthusiasm for all things piscatorial and is just a thoroughly nice bloke too.
He went into meticulous detail as to how I wanted the rod to be refurbished (“new old” if you get my drift) and delivered on all counts. I suppose the acid test was showing it to its original owner (now over 80). He was mightily impressed – said it was “a work of art”
Jason’s workshop is an absolute Aladdin’s cave and the breadth of his skill is astounding – from machining spreader blocks for “crabtree” nets to making cane rods from scratch . He’s also sourcing a new ‘pin for me as well as working on a net project. On the bank he is a perfect host and the stories are legendary! Good tea too!
I’ll be back many more times to come!

Return to “Jason White of Dorset”