Anticipation

This forum belongs to Jason White of Dorset.
Skeff
Crucian Carp

Anticipation

Post by Skeff »

I visited Jason's Aladdin's cave of cane and associated paraphernalia after the Golden Scale AGM and I left without my five carp rods, which I left with him for refurbishment.... Not long to go now hopefully and I will have them back looking better than new. It's as exciting as waiting for Christmas was when I was young!

:Thumb:

Julian
Salmon

Re: Anticipation

Post by Julian »

They will no doubt be like five new cane carp rods when they are returned :Thumb:
So what are the five cane carp rods that you have Skeff?
and what are you using for carp fishing in the meantime??
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

The rods are my J S Sharpes salmon spinner that I use for all my stalking... Two rods of my own design and two Shaun Linsley rods that I had new tips made for (the originals were dreadful but with the new tips they are superb!).... Using MkIV's at the moment but they aren't really powerful enough for Ashmead....

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Want to borrow something suitable Skeff? I'll be down your way in the next week or so.

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

That's really kind Dave but I leave for the annual Scotland fortnight on Friday and the rods will be waiting for me on my return... What a shame too, if I was around we could have fished the lake, which would have been lovely! Delay your visit for end of August and we could do this.....

Regards
Skeff

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I will doubtless be contacting you on your return :Hat:

Enjoy Scotland Skeff, I'm not sure if you've heard but there's a little known drink sold there called Malt Whisky. If you've never tried it this could be a great opportunity but be careful, areas where large amounts are sold and consumed are subject to earth tremors and people have found the ground difficult to negotiate whilst remaining upright. :Happy:

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Ishhhhhh ferry familsiar whish Malsh an enjoyshhhh ish very mush... Shank yoush!

Hope to see you soon.... Skeff

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

And they have arrived! Well, half of them have..... Then two carp rods of my own design were returned to me by Jason at the GSC AGM, looking better than new and also the Sharpes which is equally fine. Fantastic work by a craftsman who understands the passion with which we view and use our rods, since he shares the passion himself. The result is a perfectly restored working tool that is endowed with the extra bit of love and care needed to lift the rods above the ordinary and to gift them that little bit of magic we all seek. Wonderful work. Just the two Linsley remakes to complete and probably a few more commissions from me to follow.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Could we (I) see a photograph Sir, always lovely to see a fresh rod :Hat:

Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Post by Danny Boy »

Jason's work is top drawer ,he has done a few of my rods and they look like new when I collected them.
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Return to “Jason White of Dorset”