Hollow Ponds Leytonstone

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Re: Hollow Ponds Leytonstone

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Aitch wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:18 am Did you ever "guest" the courtroom bank on the Eagle... we always got caught and moved back onto the pavement...

After the Rising Sun shooting we left that area, but Max stayed on... he had some cracking bags of Tench out of both those lakes but I think he eventually gave them up and moved onto the lakes at Hoddesdon and Waltham Abbey... he's on Grenville lakes over in Cambridge now... a very good angler, but carp only
The sadly missed Colin on the private Bank of the Eagle in the 70s . Think the school had closed and the modification to the Court had begun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I was a regular dog walker around there from 2008 till last year. Occasionally saw people fishing, and disabled access was put in around 2012.

I joined Hollow Angling Society from 2011 till 2017. But that was a historic name. I fished their other venues .Fishing at Hollow was by now controlled by Corporation of London , but the club had so I'm told originated as a club of anglers who fished at Hollow Ponds.

It was a good club, and may well still be running. I just moved on. Even went on working parties with them with my son to a pool we/they had in Waltham abbey

Memories..

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Tench Dreamer wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 am I was a regular dog walker around there from 2008 till last year. Occasionally saw people fishing, and disabled access was put in around 2012.

I joined Hollow Angling Society from 2011 till 2017. But that was a historic name. I fished their other venues .Fishing at Hollow was by now controlled by Corporation of London , but the club had so I'm told originated as a club of anglers who fished at Hollow Ponds.

It was a good club, and may well still be running. I just moved on. Even went on working parties with them with my son to a pool we/they had in Waltham abbey

Memories..
Good hear that fishing continued- happy memories

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”