Bletchley park

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
The Mog

Bletchley park

Post by The Mog »

I was watching a programme on one of the discovery channels and they showed a picture of Bletchley Park and it had a really nice looking lake in front of it . It had all the makings of a classic estate lake . Does anybody know if it is fishable at all .I am hoping to come overand fish some of my old haunts over the next couple of years mainly The Stew ponds ( Epsom), The Mole (Various,) mainly the bookbinders stretch at Esher and a few lakes around Dorking and would like to try a few venues a bit further a field.

Robbi
Tench

Re: Bletchley park

Post by Robbi »

the mole at Hersham or Molesey ?

Broadwater lake at Walton on Thames ?

The Bourne at Chersey ?
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Wandler

Post by Wandler »

Ghhe %% NNNna UUUn nd JJJn JJ%%% HHgfad JKlll

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

yep, exactly what i thought :Tongue:

Wandler

Post by Wandler »

Ah Robbi... I am nothing if not predictable! :Wink:

The Mog

Post by The Mog »

Bottom of Boxhill and molesely
The Wey around weybridge
Poss Medway near Maidstone
Thames at Sonning
Also might even try the Wandle There was no fish in it when I was there back in the eighties no idea how the resocking is going though .
Dont mention One island at Mitcham common as fished it loads of times without even a nibble

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

certainly a broad selection of places there Mog.

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Fishing the pond at Bletchley park, they used to have a boat club on it. I wouldn't know if you could fish it but I live near Bletchley only two miles away from the park. You could try writing them a letter, money talks these days so if you make them an offer they may let you wet a line even more so if you dress classic and use traditional tackle then you may just fit in, good luck with that let us know how you get on.

Regards Trefor

Trainset
Gudgeon

Post by Trainset »

I went to Bletchey Park for the tour last year and saw the pond, I don't think there is any fishing on it but there were a few of carp basking in the sun.
They didn't look like they were full of boilies! A few people did throw some bread in for them which they took readily.
If what you saw on tv was this lake it must have been shot at an angle to make it appear larger than life as I would describe it as pond, you can walk round it in a few minutes.
However a family member is one of the tour guides at Bletchley so I will double check about the fishing. Perhaps I could argue a traditionally dressed angler using tackle from that era would be an added tourist attraction!
Will post some info when I have it.
I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

The Mog wrote:Bottom of Boxhill and molesely
The Wey around weybridge
Poss Medway near Maidstone
Thames at Sonning
Also might even try the Wandle There was no fish in it when I was there back in the eighties no idea how the resocking is going though .
Dont mention One island at Mitcham common as fished it loads of times without even a nibble
Good god, I was born and brought up around the Croydon area and fished Mitcham as a kid,
One island pond, yea not particularly easy but I did manage a few commons from there :Thumb:

I suppose you can always try across the other side of the rd on seven island pond :Hahaha:

Used to have loads of little tench in there, used to wear a pair of shorts and shoes and socks tossed up onto the bank and wade out with a landing net and walking on top of the lily roots , netted loads of them little tench and also crucians :Wink:

Blimey I'd forgotten all about that

Happy days

Stuart

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”