My lost lakes and a sad tale.

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Charlton801

My lost lakes and a sad tale.

Post by Charlton801 »

For 20+ years I have had the privilege of being able to fish with my father two small secluded private land beautiful lakes in West Sussex so this year as every year I phoned to see if it was Ok to continue fishing only to discover that the couple that owned the land that the lakes are on have divorced. The guy ( you understand I cant say names or places) said it should not be a problem but I should phone his ex partner as he is now living in the shed at the bottom of the garden! So I contacted her, she said no. :Cry: I can't tell you how sad I feel not for my loss of this enchanting place but the fact that they have two lovely kids. One lake held carp to about 15lb and the other perch to 4.5lb roach 2lb. It was paradise to me now it seems lost forever and it took so so long to find it, will always treasure the memories of this place never to be replaced. Such a sad day but this seemed to be the place to share. Just needed to say something somewhere.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: My lost lakes and a sad tale.

Post by Mark »

Look on the bright side Charlton, you could be living in the shed at the bottom of the garden. :shocked:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

I know exactly how you feel Charlton801.

I once used to have a lake to fish full of most species. My season ended one year and when I phoned the following season after a long hot summer, the owner told me that the lake had dried up and all the fish were killed. The lake still remains to this day a mass of reeds and weed, with nothing more than the odd puddle.

I gaze over the gate to look at it at times and the memories come flowing back.

I hope you find somewhere else soon just like it.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Charlton801

Post by Charlton801 »

Mark wrote:Look on the bright side Charlton, you could be living in the shed at the bottom of the garden. :shocked:
Trouble is I would love to.

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Mark wrote:Look on the bright side Charlton, you could be living in the shed at the bottom of the garden. :shocked:
I think my wife sometimes wishes I did
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

After over 20 years of fishing there I really sympathise with you. I felt very bad about losing an idyllic pool after only four years. However I am now a great believer of the phrase ' seek and ye shall find' .
Somewhere out there there is the pool/lake you will take great pleasure from spending time fishing.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I agree with Julian. It is nearly 30 years since I was able to fish a quiet club water. I am on the brink of being able to do so again, so don't give up hope
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Sounds like paradise...

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Now that is a gut wrencher , new word :Chuckle: , forge onwards and keep your nose to the ground , there will be somewhere out there who's owner will let a responsible traditional gent have a cast . keep your chin up Sir . Regards . Woolly Bear . :Hat:

Wandle1
Grayling

Post by Wandle1 »

Take heart....

I totally understand,i lost my two favourite lakes,one i fished over 30 years ,the other 23 yrs .Both due to Lutra lutra predation..

At the time my head was all over the place as i truly loved these lakes like an old friend..

someone said to me `when one door closes another opens`....i was not to pleased to hear that old cliche,but i worked really hard in so much looking, looking and spending time `out n about`,now i have found another special place or two !!

dont get down hearted ,they are out there... :Wink:

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”