River Nene

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: River Nene

Post by Loop Erimder »

PershoreHarrier wrote:I should think Sunday 12 March would be good for me so I will mark that up in my diary which I should have next week. I will pass on the date to LuckyLuca who indicated he would like to join us.

Senior Wallis Avon eh - I assume that is an Andrew Davis creation in which case bring that along as well. If there are Carp in the river I had better bring something just in case.
Yes AJD rod hopefully be with me towards end of January......
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

12th aught to be good for me to Gents. Loop, you and I can take it in turn pushing Keith's bath chair!

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

LuckyLuca wrote:12th aught to be good for me to Gents. Loop, you and I can take it in turn pushing Keith's bath chair!

Excellent - Parker will be pleased to have a day off. Furthermore I shall require NO assistance in netting anything that might accept my bait as a preferred morsel.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Splendid.....anybody else fancy a trip to the River Nene...more than welcome. Simply have a look at bluebell lakes details can be found on their website. I have not fished the Nene before I may have an early recce there before hand just to get a feel of the place
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Northern Eel
Chub

Post by Northern Eel »

I have fished the bluebell stretch before, about 5 years ago, I was fishing on Bluebell Lakes on a Monday & Tuesday, it had been battered all weekend and we had Carp & Tench within view totally uninterested in any baits, I even managed to put a number of free offerings in front of them and watched them (from the top of a tree) ignore everything, anyway I moved onto the River to break up the boredom, I caught lots of Dace on bread but that was it, I wasn't really geared up for river fishing, but I enjoyed it all the same, I imagine its a good stretch to fish with if you have a selection of baits. Good luck to you on your trip. :Hat:
"Chasing frothy bubbles while the world is full of troubles"

"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Muscavado wrote:Gentlemen,
I lived in Peterborough for 25 years.
If you leave the A1 southbound, on to the A47 heading towards Peterborough, you pass Sacrewell Mill on your left.
A few hundred yards down on the right is a small layby.
Park there and cross the stile, then a very short walk across the meadow to the Nene.
I have spent many a happy and sometimes successful hour or two fishing there with my Son

Merry Christmas :Hat:

John

If you fancy joining us Muscavado on 12 March you would be most welcome.

Muscavado
Grayling

Post by Muscavado »

PershoreHarrier wrote:
Muscavado wrote:Gentlemen,
I lived in Peterborough for 25 years.
If you leave the A1 southbound, on to the A47 heading towards Peterborough, you pass Sacrewell Mill on your left.
A few hundred yards down on the right is a small layby.
Park there and cross the stile, then a very short walk across the meadow to the Nene.
I have spent many a happy and sometimes successful hour or two fishing there with my Son

Merry Christmas :Hat:

John

If you fancy joining us Muscavado on 12 March you would be most welcome.
Absolutely thank you :Hat:

John

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Chaps, if it's Sun 12th March would love to join you all.
Tight lines Dave

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

It's been a few (OK a lot of) years since I fished the Nene, but from reports it remains much the same. Unless it's carrying some water it is very slow flowing and your target species will be roach, bream and chub. The Bluebell stretch has a reputation for carp, but, except for walking it a few times recently, I've no idea how it fishes for them.

One thought for a future trip might be to try the backwaters around Castor. These are lovely winding streams that used to offer superb trotting for roach, dace and chub and were my favourite stretches when I used to live in Peterborough. They now produce some very large barbel as well. Peterborough AA do day tickets for Castor backwater.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Rutland Rod wrote:Chaps, if it's Sun 12th March would love to join you all.
Tight lines Dave
I would be delighted Rutland Rod if you joined us.

Return to “Other Rivers”