River Eden Vexor Bridge

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
JW1
Grayling

River Eden Vexor Bridge

Post by JW1 »

I paid my first visit to the River Eden this morning for a couple of hours before work. It was my first visit and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, I was hoping for a fast flowing little stream and was a little disappointed on arrival, finding and overgrown, little river with chocolate near stagnant coloured water.
It was not easy to get access to the water but the first drop produced a beautiful little perch

Moving on the next swim seemed to be full of little chublets

Pressing produced more perch plus some gudgeon (not up to the Wally standard), roach and dace.
So an enjoyable session but maybe the next time I will take a machete and perhaps do a bit more hiking as I think the club have over a mile of this stretch.

JW

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: River Eden Vexor Bridge

Post by RBTraditional »

Don't underestimate the Eden, it has many hidden secrets for those who are prepared to put in the effort. I banked a 5.04 chub and a 2.04 perch last season and plenty of other very good fish. The water levels are low at the moment, but come the winter months when the water has some colour and a bit of a push on....get down there and make hay!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Return to “Other Rivers”