Same swim?

This forum belongs to Dick Walker.
Richard C
Brown Trout

Same swim?

Post by Richard C »

Following a conversation with the 'boss', it was suggested that it might make an interesting thread.

After comparing two pictures of RW together and studying it, I'm still not convinced these 2 pictures are taken in the same swim or not.
And if they are, was it intentional? Bearing in mind the obvious time lapse between the 2 photo's, could it be?
Always an old sleuth/detective film on the gogglebox at this time of year, but in case it's one you undoubtedly seen before and have the inclination...
Discuss!

Hoping this thread makes private 'dicks' out of us all. Happy New Year everybody. :Hat:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Same swim?

Post by Mark »

Well Richard, they certainly could be but I am not sure, I wonder if its the Upper Ouse.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Almost certainly the Upper Ouse and quite likely to be the same spot but quite a few years apart!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

Don't know if it is the same spot, sure looks like it. Certainly not the same angler as the first picture shows Jean-Francois van Bolhuizen.
Sorry for the 'float competition' spoiler :Tongue:

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Mark wrote:Well Richard, they certainly could be but I am not sure, I wonder if its the Upper Ouse.
Tengisgol wrote:Almost certainly the Upper Ouse and quite likely to be the same spot but quite a few years apart!
Looks like you're both in the same position as me. Guessed it to be either the Upper Ouse/Avon looking south from Ibsley bridge/hadn't a clue. :holmes:
Trilob wrote:Don't know if it is the same spot, sure looks like it. Certainly not the same angler as the first picture shows Jean-Francois van Bolhuizen.
Sorry for the 'float competition' spoiler :Tongue:
A little early for me but it is NYE. Pass the bottle. What ever it is! :Hahaha:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Hmmm! Good one Richard, it's certainly not the exact same swim, just look at the point where the line of the river bank bisects his right shoulder.
My best guess is that he is sitting a little upstream in the second pic???? Happy new year btw :Hat: :cheers:

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Definitely not downstream of Ibsley Bridge on the Hampshire Avon!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I don't think that they were taken on the same day as the hats are different :Sarcasm: But it does look like the spot just upstream from the top one and is undoubtably either a banker or near the carp park for a quick snap for the photographer.

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

It could have been the same day if it had been taken in July 2015.
The trees in the back ground don't seem to match up.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Well it obviously the same angler but I bet there are at least 25 years between each picture.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Dick Walker”