Dick Walker on Rod Licence

This forum belongs to Dick Walker.
Stathamender
Tench

Re: Dick Walker on Rod Licence

Post by Stathamender »

I'll be posting more about this issue in the next day or so, in particular how we can launch a co-ordinated campaign. Apologies for the delay, I've had other stuff to deal with. I think Matt Hayes may have picked up on the publicity resulting from the parliamentary question late last year.

I think it would be a good idea for the licence to feature famous anglers regularly in the future (they'll run out of fish soon!), I'm sure we've all got our favoured nominations.
Last edited by Stathamender on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Grinner
Ruffe

Post by Grinner »

Stathamender wrote:I'll be posting more about this issue in the next day or so, in particular how we can launch a co-ordinated campaign. Apologies for the delay, I've had other stuff to deal with. I think Matt Hayes may have picked up on the publicity resulting from the parliamentary question late last year.

I think it would be a good idea for the licence to feature famous anglers regularly in the future (they'll run out of fish soon!), I'm sure we've all got our favoured nominations.
That's an important point to make - this particular nomination arose to mark 100 years since RW was born, so many others should follow and perhaps some key dates in history can also be celebrated.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i like seeing fish on the licence but it would be very nice to other artist such as chris turnbull or may be kieth linsell these is quite a few artist who do fish art not sure i want to see famous anglers on the licence every year but thats just my point of view

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Mario wrote:i like seeing fish on the licence but it would be very nice to other artist such as chris turnbull or may be kieth linsell these is quite a few artist who do fish art not sure i want to see famous anglers on the licence every year but thats just my point of view
Wouldn't have to be every year just now and then, especially for significant anniversaries as is the case with RW. It's Billy Lane's 100th in 2022.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

I met the artist at the British fly fair.He was doing a talk on his work,he had a painting of a school of Bass chasing down sand eels and deconstructed the painting to show the techniques and layers that go into his works.
It was fascinating.

Return to “Dick Walker”