Dick Walkers' Hat

This forum belongs to Dick Walker.
Reedling
Catfish

Re: Dick Walkers' Hat

Post by Reedling »

Tonytoned wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am
Jardine wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:18 am Dear TT,
yes it is the same type of hat that RW is wearing, the same type that appears in a few other photos including his capture of a 34lb Redmire carp.
It seems that at some point circa 1970 RW's taste in hats changed and he started wearing more sophisticated headwear!
If a museum for angling was ever established I would be happy to donate this piece of angling history to it.
Very interesting Jardine and what a generous thought Sir!
Very generous thought indeed. :Thumb: :Hat: Nothing to do with your thread but I donate items of local interest to my local museums, It is on view to many who appreciate it that way. :Thumb:

JPC
Bleak

Post by JPC »

Hi Mem, Chris Ball and Len Arbery are creating an Angling museum/exhibition at the Carp Society's lodge at Horseshoe Lake, it is of course carp orientated. They already have quite a few interesting bits, rods, landing nets, photos, reels, bite indicators etc. I'm sure if you talk to Chris he would be interested.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

What a remarkable possession and a generous gift!
Before you give it to the museum I think you should take it fishing for one last time...
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

What a good idea,but not on a windy day.

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

JPC wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:46 pm Hi Mem, Chris Ball and Len Arbery are creating an Angling museum/exhibition at the Carp Society's lodge at Horseshoe Lake, it is of course carp orientated. They already have quite a few interesting bits, rods, landing nets, photos, reels, bite indicators etc. I'm sure if you talk to Chris he would be interested.
Hi John, that's an interesting thought and I saw something on this subject on Lens Facebook page.

Good idea about the fishing trip Snape, I shall plan a special event for it in October.
And Kevin, given the bizarre weather that we are experiencing worldwide (torrential rain here in Northern Thailand) I will be careful that it doesn't get blown away. :Chuckle: :Chuckle:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Jardine wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:17 pm Good idea about the fishing trip Snape, I shall plan a special event for it in October.
If you want a fishing companion, Jardine, let me know as I have just retired and love going to Thailand!! :Hahaha:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

Snape wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:31 pm
Jardine wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:17 pm Good idea about the fishing trip Snape, I shall plan a special event for it in October.
If you want a fishing companion, Jardine, let me know as I have just retired and love going to Thailand!! :Hahaha:
The fishing hat event will take place in your neck of the woods.
If you want to come fishing here you're more than welcome..

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Jardine wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:45 pm
Snape wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:31 pm
The fishing hat event will take place in your neck of the woods.
If you want to come fishing here you're more than welcome..
As long as there's fishing to be done I'm happy, Mem. :)

Return to “Dick Walker”