Surface bread presentation

This forum is for discussing Surface Fishing.
Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: Surface bread presentation

Post by Gary Bills »

Thank you, Julian :Hat: I think this site has benefitted us all , with so much individual experience, freely offered.

Necarper

Post by Necarper »

Prince of Durham wrote:How difficult is it to overcome that angle on the strike?
Sorry to be late back with a reply - the diagram is deceptive, it is fore-shortened for ease of drawing the set up, the actual reason for using this rig is to get the bread out some distance so the angle is very much reduced and therefore easier to strike. The carp here feed some 20 to 30 feet or so from the bank, have tried to draw them in but to no avail, hence the weight of the rig to get it out there. But some ideas have come back to make me rethink a strategy for the coming season, once the iced over rivers melt !

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Isis' rig is sadly forbidden now on Broadwater Lake, if he means the one in Guildford Surrey ( there are many others )though I'm sure the diligent angler could still use it without danger to wildfowl. Unfortunately the Lake is owned by the Council who won't take a chance.

There is also a number of signs asking the public not to feed the birds...but they ignore this and one particular fenced off are is constantly attended by parents and children feeding the birds right next to a sign forbidding such action. Of Course if an angler were to slip a line out there he'd be reported!.....

The carp know all about this bread going in and actually force their way into the enclosed area and have to be removed every year as they are now too fat to get back out to the lake again :Hahaha:

As the bread hits the water the latter actually boils with swirling fish....there's some right big 'uns in there too!

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

A park lake fairly near us has an area where they sell packets of mixed seed to feed to the ducks etc, mainly for the children. My better half and I stood there one day watching the birds being fed and all you could see was a massive swirling of the water around the huge amount of birds there. We realised that the fish were wise to this feeding area and were giving the birds a run for their money. You can fish this lake but not where they feed the ducks of course. I have never fished it but you can bet your bottom dollar they would not look at seed any where else on the lake, sods law.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Kew Gardens can be like that - you have to hold the bread under water to feed the carp!

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

If you're really quite and put the bread within an arms lenght, if you dabble your finger tips in the water you can get the carp to suck to at them!!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Olly wrote:Kew Gardens can be like that - you have to hold the bread under water to feed the carp!
I used to do that, my father did the same as a child, he died at 82, and my Grandfather also did the same and he was born 1897...

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Necarper :Hat: , no problem I can help you out , tell your wife you have a friend ME :shocked: , who can give her a true honest :Scared: valuation off all your fishing tackle , then I can giver her twenty quid for the lot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Kindest regards . Woolly Bear . :Thumb:

Return to “Surface Fishing”