Chris Yates Facebook Page

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Kev Parr
Perch

Re: Chris Yates Facebook Page

Post by Kev Parr »

Chris has seen 'his' Facebook page - and as Kingfisher alluded, his reaction was/is somewhere between bemusement and humility...

Contrary to rumour, he doesn't have a mobile phone though. He remains something of a technophobe, but he can work a Wii - and is a serious hotshot on Goldeneye.....

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

What is a Wii and Goldeneye? One thing I would add... if anyone speaks to Mr Yates tell him to carry a pay as you go phone just for emergencies, you don't have to have it turned on.. I don't. A friend of mine had a massive heart attack whilst on his own and with no one within earshot. He had his mobile phone with him and managed to make a call, he said to me the relief he felt as he saw the Paramedic turn up would make a grown man cry, he knew he was in with a chance. So Mr Yates, carry a phone just for your own safety. :Hat:

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Good advice Reedling.

Not enough people around now to understand smoke signals from a Kelly.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Shaun Harrison wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:43 pm Good advice Reedling.

Not enough people around now to understand smoke signals from a Kelly.
:Hahaha:

If my mate hadn't had the phone Shaun he would probably not have made it they said. He was a very fit ex fireman.. you just never know. :Hat: After that he threw caution to the wind, sold his house and intrests etc and is now living in Oz.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Certainly don't know what is around the corner for any of us. Similarly when I'm driving I try and wedge the phone where it will remain.

A friend of mines brother went down an embankment in his car, practically ripped his arm off and was trapped inside, totally out of sight of anyone. Had it not been for him managing to fumble for his phone...

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Yep - sound advice indeed, Reedling. I shall pass it on.

As for the Wii - it's a game console that plugs into the TV and Goldeneye a game for it. Chris had watched his kids playing and thought he'd have a go himself.....some years later and he's quite the player....

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Kev Parr wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:00 pm Yep - sound advice indeed, Reedling. I shall pass it on.

As for the Wii - it's a game console that plugs into the TV and Goldeneye a game for it. Chris had watched his kids playing and thought he'd have a go himself.....some years later and he's quite the player....
I bet you've just boosted the sales of Wii all over Britain with that information Kev and by the way Have you had a go? I know you have because Chris wouldn't let you leave without playing. :Wink:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Kingfisher wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:05 pm
Kev Parr wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:00 pm Yep - sound advice indeed, Reedling. I shall pass it on.

I bet you've just boosted the sales of Wii all over Britain with that information Kev and by the way Have you had a go? I know you have because Chris wouldn't let you leave without playing. :Wink:
I have......and I too seem to be rather addicted. I'm not quite up to Chris' standard yet, but I can give him a decent run for his money....

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Kev Parr wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 pm
Kingfisher wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:05 pm

I have......and I too seem to be rather addicted. I'm not quite up to Chris' standard yet, but I can give him a decent run for his money....
Glad to hear it. My Son's got me playing it. I'll give Chris a run for his money one of these days. :Scared:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Blunderer
Bleak

Post by Blunderer »

As part of the regular "archive" series, today a copy of a 1990 Edward Barder catalogue is on the Facebook page which I thought might be of interest to some of you.

Return to “Chris Yates”