The B'ard Yatesy's New Book......A Winter's tale

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Colonelgsc
Roach

The B'ard Yatesy's New Book......A Winter's tale

Post by Colonelgsc »

Had a chat with the old Bard, Yates, this morning. He's in good spirits and enjoying the company of some large Crucians during the evenings, at present. The main point of interest, though, is news of his written word. The publishers have accepted the synopsis of his new work and, this very afternoon, he's commencing in earnest :thumb: Not something to which the honourable Yates is particularly prone, I might add.

The basic theme is Winter, his favourite season, and it WILL contain more tales of his piscatorial pursuits this time, you'll all be pleased to hear, I'm sure. :ok:

Something to go on your Christmas list I suggest..............Christmas 2013, that is !!!!!

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: The B'ard Yatesy's New Book......A Winter's tale

Post by Mark »

Sound interesting Colonel, please keep us posted. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Yes, sounds great can't wait. :)
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Splendid news, and a splendid subject. I find the winter a lovely time to fish.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Wonderful Colonel can't wait for that.

Mr Y is a lucky blighter having large Cru's for company, i've done poorly for them this year.

Gaz

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I like winter fishing, short trips then home, lovely. I've fished with the line frozen in my rod rings, a dog walker came up to me and told me I was mad in a jovial kind of way. I later found out he was a brain surgeon! We used to fish in winter on Friday nights. I'd rush home from London (about an hour and a little bit),eat, and get collected. We'd make a small fire in a biscuit tin and fish for two to three hours perhaps getting a few little fish and one or two good ones. My best was a brassy three pound chub – a good fish for the river we fished.

I look forward to the new book.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Beresford wrote:I like winter fishing, short trips then home, lovely. I've fished with the line frozen in my rod rings, a dog walker came up to me and told me I was mad in a jovial kind of way. I later found out he was a brain surgeon! We used to fish in winter on Friday nights. I'd rush home from London (about an hour and a little bit),eat, and get collected. We'd make a small fire in a biscuit tin and fish for two to three hours perhaps getting a few little fish and one or two good ones. My best was a brassy three pound chub – a good fish for the river we fished.

I look forward to the new book.
I tend to agree with you, my friend. Sorts the men out from the boys :thumb: .
The best day's Thames chub fishing I ever had was at Hurley lock island, fishing the backstream, on a bitter winter's morning. Swingtipping 1/4 inch sections of lobworm on the opposite bank, fishing between the moored day boats. Bites were an inch or less lift of the swingtip. With the first fish, I reached for the landing net, and the darned thing had frozen solid to the ground. Brrrrrrrrrr!! I'm shivering just thinking about it.
Time for a nice steaming cuppa and a garibaldi, I think.

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Excellent news Colonel - though knowing Chris, Christmas 2013 might be a little optimistic!

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

I had tea with Chris on Wednesday and he has nearly finished page 3 of the book..... Although he was thinking about starting again because he wasn't sure it was flowing as well as it might.... Unlike the tea which flowed very smoothly all day.

Bluedun

Post by Bluedun »

Sounds Shakesperian.

Return to “Chris Yates”