14 ft Elaine

The Dawsons of Bromley Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

14 ft Elaine

Post by AshbyCut »

When this rod came up as part of a pair with a Milward's 14ft version of their 'Featherlite' I simply could not resist the temptation to go for the gamble. It will be fascinating to compare the two rods of identical configuration but from different makers side by side.

This is the best I can do for a photo until the rods arrive with me ...

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Gord
Crucian Carp

Re: 14 ft Elaine

Post by Gord »

oh dear ac it looks like your back on that slippery slope again, any way i hope you enjoy your new purchase i did look at those myself but i dont think swmbo would be to happy on the upside i didnt bid against you
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Gord wrote:oh dear ac it looks like your back on that slippery slope again
Slippery slope ??? Me ??? It's the heat, I tell you ... the heat !!!

Actually, Sir ... it's all part of a planned move into lighter tackle ... honest.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

i am already in to the lighter side of rods as i do like whole/split cane match rods and roach rods i really enjoy them so i hope you will get as much pleasure using them as i do
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

AshbyCut wrote:
Gord wrote:oh dear ac it looks like your back on that slippery slope again
Slippery slope ??? Me ??? It's the heat, I tell you ... the heat !!!

Actually, Sir ... it's all part of a planned move into lighter tackle ... honest.

You'll be back to a stick and a bent pin soon Mr AC Sir. :Wink:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The rod arrived today, and generally I've happy. It does need the butt ring replacing, the male ferrule on the middle section needs re-gluing, and some loon (why do they do this ???) has varnished the handle at some point.

However, on the plus side it's a full 14ft long, the cane is in good condition, and the transfers are 99% complete. With just a little work it will be on the bank.

Return to “Dawsons of Bromley Cane Rods”