Sowerbutts Sprite

The Sowerbutts Rods forum.
Galician
Ruffe

Sowerbutts Sprite

Post by Galician »

Hi, A very good friend of mine has just uncovered his old Sowerbutts Sprite in his loft and has asked if its worth any thing, knowing Alan I would expect it to be in fine condition. Can any body give me an idea of value before I make an offer? Hopefully I will get some photos.
Thanks
Galician

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Sowerbutts Sprite

Post by Paul F »

Hi Galician, They are quite a scarce rod, it is only worth what you are prepared to pay.
Do you intend to buy it for yourself to use?

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Iv only seen 2 come up for sale on Ebay in the last 5 years. One had the tip section missing and sold for £50. the 2 sections were in very good condition with makers bag.
The other was complete but needed some work, intermediate rings were rusted and the varnish was flaky, this also had the original bag. this one sold for £180.

Galician They are very nice rods, don't let it get away. :Thumb:

My 2

I also have the Glass version

Galician
Ruffe

Post by Galician »

Thanks for the responces, I know the Rod as we used to do all our fishing together in the early 60's until we both got married. Alan has not fished since then, but I would certainly need to see it before making an offer. This would be a keeper for me, albeit I no longer fish. I would not want to pay more than £300 though. If I buy it I will let you know.
Galician

Return to “T. H. Sowerbutts & Sons Cane Rods”