500 de-luxe

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Marc
Sea Trout

Re: 500 de-luxe

Post by Marc »

More music to my ears. By the sounds of it even if it needs some TLC then I've done ok. Any questions then I might pop down yours Wal, take a butchers.

What lines are they suited too? I do most of my fishing on 4lb line, sometimes up to 6lb, I presume this rod is well suited to that?

Quite excited now.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

That's a real bargain there, well done. Hope you catch lots of monster fish with it!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

Lovely rods, they pack down shorter than the MKIV avon rods but can be used for the same sort of fishing, I like to use mine under foliage when a longer rod would get caught in the branches.

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

Prince of Durham wrote:
What lines are they suited too? I do most of my fishing on 4lb line, sometimes up to 6lb, I presume this rod is well suited to that?

Quite excited now.
6lb main line with hook lengths down to 4lb is about perfect.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Jammy devil! I was on holiday without internet or I'd have out-bid you. :Hat:

Hamburger
Rudd

Post by Hamburger »

Well done! An absolute bargain. I paid nearly double the amount for my 550. Not christened it yet, but it already feels like it will become my favourite rod next to the B.James MKIV Avon.
Mine doesn't say "deluxe" in indian ink and has no agate lined rings. It has copper whippings, though. According to an Greentura, who owns the same rod, it is a deluxe.
Anyway, deluxe or not deluxe. I don't really care. The Chapmans rods seem to be top-gear! As W.C. said before, the quality of the blank is superb.
So congratulations! Jackpot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said goodbye to what I knew and embraced the ways of old, with it taking on the attitude that big isn't best.

Stuart Harris, 'From Carbon to Cane'

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

That rod is a different rod to the De Luxe Hamburger which is a 500. As far as I am aware there are three types of this rod the 500, the 500 De Luxe and the 550 MK 1V Carp type. Two label variations as well, printed words, slide transfer and gold label, slide transfer.

Hamburger
Rudd

Post by Hamburger »

I see. Maybe even more types: Greenturas 550 rod has agate lined butt and tip guides, mine the silver nickel version. Both have the copper-wire whippings.
I said goodbye to what I knew and embraced the ways of old, with it taking on the attitude that big isn't best.

Stuart Harris, 'From Carbon to Cane'

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Looks like I've either been had or am very unfortunate. I've given the seller chance to explain and asked for a refund. See below. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. The rod is in otherwise perfect condition, if it seems too good to be true then it probably is.

Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Two breaks? That's been trodden on I think...what sort of tube was it in?

Chapmans themselves have been having nightmares with 'clumsy' couriers so went to bullet proof white tubes....still one got crushed, seemingly deliberately as probaly involving a forklift truck and a bored teenager....

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”