Chapman MkIV Carp 550

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Reedling
Catfish

Re: Chapman MkIV Carp 550

Post by Reedling »

My wife managed to get a day off yesterday and at the last minute we decided to have a few hours at our local lakes despite both of us having streaming head colds and sore throats...sniff. I remembered that I had recently acquired another Chapmans 550 so took it along for the ride. The Carp were showing very well on the surface so I tackled up with my old 330 and flicked out a piece of crust. To cut a long story short I had quite a few Carp but the thing I will remember most about the day is the way the rod handled, it was superb. I do put my rods through their paces and I certainly had to bully some of my fish away from close in reeds and last miute lunges by the bank but all went very very well indeed. Here are a few shots of the rods action but not all with the fish pictured I may add.

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

You took the wife fishing :Confused: :Confused: :

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Excellent to have a Camera-Lady along to capture the action shots !!! :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

I know the Mrs would just catch bigger fish than me if she went, just like she did on the Roding years ago when she was the girlfriend! Last time my daughter went the same happened.

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Me and the wife have an agreement, I don't go shopping, she don't come fishing :Hahaha: :Hahaha:

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I am really lucky you know, we both enjoy the same things in life, she's my best mate and a real diamond...... and she does not grizzle as I take over yet another room for our( :eyebrow: ) man caves :Thumb: She is the best thing since sliced bread, love of my life apple of my eye, heaven must be missing an angel.... I am trying really hard for a mark four for my forthcoming 60th aren't I! :whistle: :Beg:

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”