Chapman The Rex 7 foot.

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Reedling
Catfish

Chapman The Rex 7 foot.

Post by Reedling »

A few days back I was given a quantity of old cane and wood rods and spare bits by an extremely kind and generous gentleman, who knew I loved using old tackle for my fishing exploits. In amongst them I have come across a two section, seven foot, built cane spinning type rod with a very tatty gold label which I am positive reads Chapman and the name in ink.. 'The Rex'. I have had a look around but can find no mention of it, has anyone heard of, or seen one before please?

Reedling
Catfish

Re: Chapman The Rex 7 foot.

Post by Reedling »

A picture of this little rod, maybe it was made as rod for juniors?

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Close up of label and name, I am sure it is Chapman.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Reedling wrote:Close up of label and name, I am sure it is Chapman.

Could well be, might be worth a phone call to chapmans :holmes:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

What a little darling of a rod Sir, just right for spinning for perch, look great with something like a Mitchell 206 attached. :Hat:

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I was quite expecting someone to come on and say "have a look here it is a well known rod", but that does not seem to be the case so far, so I may give Chapmans a call if I cannot find further info Harry H. It is a lovely little rod Paul D, I am sure you are right, it would make a nice little Perch spinning rod with a small Mitchell or Intrepid. I can imagine myself using this little rod on one of those little streams I used to fish as a child with a little six foot type rod, I may just relive my youth again. Thanks gents :Hat:
Last edited by Reedling on Wed May 27, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Yep, she's a lovely little rod, I do like a short spinning rods, you've got a cracker there :Hat:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The Chapman's website lists all the models of coarse rods they made between 1950 and 2012 ... and doesn't mention "The Rex."

http://www.chapmanblanks.co.uk/?page_id=102

Could some proud father have home produced a rod for his son based on one of their fly rod butts ??? Who knows. Phone and ask ... you'll find them wonderfully helpful.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I had a look on the Chapmans site AC and like your self could not find it. I have sent them an email with a link to the pictures I have put on TFF, I do hope they maybe have a record of it being made by their good selves.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

AshbyCut wrote:The Chapman's website lists all the models of coarse rods they made between 1950 and 2012 ... and doesn't mention "The Rex."
Mal not all the rod,s Chapman made are on the website.

They also made one off,s for people. :Hat:

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”