Chapman's 550

The Chapmans Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Chapman's 550

Post by AshbyCut »

Thanks for the comments, Gentlemen All. It will be interesting to compare the rod side by side with my Precision Rods "Marsden," also built to Richard Walker's Mk IV carp taper.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Fisherman1947
Dace

Post by Fisherman1947 »

How much bid did you put on it. I could have won it the other week for £95 nobody put a bid in I did not have the money too bid on it then it got relisted I was going to put in £150 but at last second I change my mind.
Old fishermen never die they only smell that way.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Well ... the rod arrived this afternoon ... and apart from a slightly bent butt guide (caused, no doubt, by someone forcing the handle and butt section into a single pocket in a two section, non-original bag !!!) ... I'm delighted with it. Not only are all the guides in very good condition, the ferrules tight and plopping satisfyingly, the rod sections being straight as the proverbial die ... but the whippings aren't black as they appear in the shaky photos posted earlier, but are good (apart from the upper butt guide one which is intact, but needs re-varnishing) and in the early original Green with the copper still perfectly in place !!! A quick clean of the handle and it's ready for the bank.

Image Image

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Lovely Mal

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Does look nice! Get chasing those carp!
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I thought I had all the rods I need......... for now........now I need a 550
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Loop Erimder wrote:I thought I had all the rods I need......... for now........now I need a 550
Ask Mrs. Loop nicely ... and who knows what Santa will bring ??? :Wink:

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

My 550 in use AC... I just know you will be pleased with it..

The Old Buffer
Crucian Carp

Post by The Old Buffer »

It is indeed a classic - a joy both to behold and to use. Enjoy.............
The coiled line travels from the reel, it brings up at last, the hook goes home, and then begins the test of skill. "BB"

Ondrej

Post by Ondrej »

I was very interested in this rod and today on ebay got finally one, looking very different than other rods pic here posted...what do you think about it ?

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”