Amwell Top Section?

The Chapmans Rods forum.
GrahamV
Ruffe

Amwell Top Section?

Post by GrahamV »

Hello! I just posted this in the Wanted Section but thought it maybe worth while to post it in the Chapmans forum as well. I know it's bit of a long shot but I'm trying to find a the 44in straight tapered top section for a Amwell 11ft 3 piece bottom rod? The taper is .250 – .100 and it needs to fit into a 18/64 ferrule without to much fettling. My boss gave me the rod but sadly the top section has been broken in half and the broken piece has gone missing. I have the male section of the ferrule so I could buy replacement from Chapmans for about £90 or I could make a replacement myself but before I went to all that trouble or expense I was just wondering if any one here would have a replacement or something which would make a good substitute it doesn't have to be perfect since non of my fishing gear is?

Cheers

Graham

Stour Otter
Grayling

Re: Amwell Top Section?

Post by Stour Otter »

Hello Graham.
I have just purchased a replacement tip for my Allcocks Wallis Wizard (£51.67 ex P.P.) from R Chapman & Co of Ware.
Tel/Fax +44 (0)1920 462658 info@chapmanblanks.co.uk. This replacement was also 44" in length and may me a good substitute for your Amwell. You will find the section under there Special Offer section. I found the gentleman only too willing to help.
Regards
Stour Otter
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

GrahamV
Ruffe

Re: Amwell Top Section?

Post by GrahamV »

Cheers Stour Otter for that price is seem like very good value!

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”