Chapman's 500 de luxe label size

The Chapmans Rods forum.
GPB Preston
Minnow

Chapman's 500 de luxe label size

Post by GPB Preston »

I have an idea to print a new label for my 500 de luxe, which is refurbished and carelessly it has been eliminated, but were all Chapman's labels the same size? I have near enough the correct font which I have tested and will age well with a light rub of wire wool but the size and where exactly it lays on the rod are paramount, if they were all the same size and position could somebody please let me have a pic. with measurements. This question is sure to get an helpful answer from the men of TFF. Thanks in anticipation.
GPB PRESTON.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Chapman's 500 de luxe label size

Post by AshbyCut »

You could always phone John and ask if you can have an original. The number is on the website ... but phone, don't email as that way might be slow to get a response :-

http://www.chapmanblanks.co.uk/
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

There are 2 different badges used on the Chapman rod,s The early oval gold leaf badge and the later black writing version.

John doesn't sell the badges unless you take the rod to him to confirm it,s a Chapman rod it,s going on.

GPB Preston
Minnow

Post by GPB Preston »

Thanks for the answers, I have seen a few versions but that answer has brought it down to 2.
Thanks again.

Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Post by Shed_Monkey »

It's hard to tell for sure because it's tricky to measure on the rod where it is at an angle on a hex section... but the gold logo is about 25mm x 15mm

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”