" The Stort "

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

" The Stort "

Post by Ljm183 »

A recent purchase is this Chapman "The Stort"

10ft 7in. in total.

Slightly different to Chapman,s spec, all the ring,s are in the same place but it has a 20" Handle not a 17"

The Rod has had a strip down and refit with a couple of replacement ring,s

The whipping on the ring,s and ferrules was varnished using vintage Kalium varnish with no ill effect,s.
Once dry the whole rod was varnished with new Ronseal Outdoor varnish, This is when the bleed occurred on the butt and tip section ring,s, :hairpull: the mid section didn't bleed :Confused:

So im going to use the rod as is and refurb it again at a later date.

Harry H
Tench

Re: " The Stort "

Post by Harry H »

I do like using green but it can be a bit of a sod for bleeding, I feel your pain :Thumb:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I have one and I really like it. Mine is quite well balanced already but with a longer handle I bet yours feels like a dream.

I now don't make any attempts at sealing threads. I buy them in shades lighter than I want and varnish them untreated. They go darker but uniformly so.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

MaggotDrowner wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:25 pm

I now don't make any attempts at sealing threads. I buy them in shades lighter than I want and varnish them untreated. They go darker but uniformly so.
That,s what im probably going to do with my one. As you can see in the photos the whipping darkens up quite a bit.

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Ljm183 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:04 pm
MaggotDrowner wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:25 pm

That,s what im probably going to do with my one. As you can see in the photos the whipping darkens up quite a bit.
Some shades turn pitch black. Bobby

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”