Peter Stone Ledgerstrike

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Peter Stone Ledgerstrike

Post by Dave Burr »

Thanks Rich and Nobby, alas my Mac doesn't do any of those 'tricks' so I'm still none the wiser :Confused: I'll have to stick to English :)

There was no Latin at my Secondary Modern school but my brother (who is brainier than me but just chooses not to use it) used to hate it with a passion at his place of learning. :Hahaha:

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Dave, my ancient Mac laptop (I hate to think how old it is!) will oblige. Have a go at the following.

To get é, I hold down the 'option' key and hit the "e" key, now release the 'option' key and then type an "e", or to get á, just type an "a". For ü, hold down the 'option' key and hit the "u" key, then type a "u". For à hold down the 'option' key and hit the key to the left of the "1" key, then type an "a". For ç, hold down the 'option' key and hit the "c" key, then type a "c". For î, hold down the 'option' key and hit the "i" key, then type an "i".

There's a full list here: http://www.pgdp.net/c/faq/charapp.pdf

James
Rudd

Post by James »

CWK PM sent

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

So completly lost thought we were talking about a cane rod!!! :Brickwall:
Bumble

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Haven't you had enough of cane rods for today? :Happy: :Happy: (Yes, I know the answer to that!)

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

I have one, I have one and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to two members on the forum, you know who you are, many thanks chaps, pictures after I collect on Saturday, fingers crossed its in reasonable nick !
Best Fishes
Mushy

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Well I collected the Ledgerstrike this morning, brought from a very nice chap who had owned this rod from new back in the 60's ! I'd say its had a fairly easy life, new set of rings 20 years ago apparently not used since. As you might imagine I am delighted and what a rod, superb balance in the hand and lovely sensitive tip, perfect for my winter passion of touch ledgering for chub. A few pictures, interestingly no winding check.

Thanks for reading.
Best Fishes
Mushy

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

PS if one of the fine admin chaps see this would you kindly rotate the pictures for me so the inscription is the right way up cheers !
Best Fishes
Mushy

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

That looks splendid Mushy, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Mushy wrote:PS if one of the fine admin chaps see this would you kindly rotate the pictures for me so the inscription is the right way up cheers !
Well done Mushy they are lovely rods. :Hat:

Pictures turned.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”