Great Service from Chapmans

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Mushy
Arctic Char

Great Service from Chapmans

Post by Mushy »

Just bought a rather clapped out 550 and so have straightened the tip, (thanks Nobby, your method did the trick), just ordered a new set of rings and may need a new butt ferrule as this is a tad loose.

But its all good, because they are still going strong and what a helpful chap Mr John Chapman is, great service, quick delivery and always happy to advise on my rennovation problems. They have replacement rings, ferrules, and new tip sections (in stock). If mine turns out to be "shot", I can get another tip section for a very reasonable £75 quid !!

So even with a clapped out buy I can still end up with a good serviceable rod without breaking the bank.

Hurrah for Chapmans !
Best Fishes
Mushy

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Great Service from Chapmans

Post by AshbyCut »

Totally agreed ... Chapman's service is second to none.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Hugo Curgudgeon

Post by Hugo Curgudgeon »

A friend of mine is currently building a Fred Taylor Roach Rod with cane made by John Chapman. I am so excited by the prospect of using such a rod.

Regards,

Hugo

Corn1

Post by Corn1 »

I'm new to the forum. Joined today in fact.
I could not agree more with Chapmans service. I needed a new set of rings, new cork ends and whipping thread for my now refurbished 500. £35 including the dreaded vat, that also included delivery. Which was next day.
I've also just purchased a chapmans Shelford and a lovely looking Chapmans beane In the last week. Cannot wait to get out and try them.

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

Yep can't fault them for service top class when I used them
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”