Quinette 2 Piece Fly Rod

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Quinette 2 Piece Fly Rod

Post by Ljm183 »

Another ebay buy a 10ft 2 piece Quinette MK2b fly rod to be used for floater fishing for carp
Comes with a 6in fighting butt.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Quinette 2 Piece Fly Rod

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Perfect.....loving that!!!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

At last some info on the Quinette Mk2b. (It,s actually a Mk26)

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

And today modern fly fishermen think the switch rod would be a new concept. There is not much new in fishing...
Bobby

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

Get out on your nearest reservoir when the season opens and use the rod. Catching early season rainbows on a cane rod is very enjoyable and as per last year,the indications are that due to the mild winter the fish will have fed constantly,will have put on weight and will be in tip top fighting condition.I love coarse fishing but apart from the odd days fishing,it's been dire for me recently so I cannot wait for the season to open on my local Ladybower Reservoir on the 24th February.If you need any lures or flies PM me and I will tie you some.
Mark Davies

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Penninelad wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:29 am Get out on your nearest reservoir when the season opens and use the rod. Catching early season rainbows on a cane rod is very enjoyable and as per last year,the indications are that due to the mild winter the fish will have fed constantly,will have put on weight and will be in tip top fighting condition.I love coarse fishing but apart from the odd days fishing,it's been dire for me recently so I cannot wait for the season to open on my local Ladybower Reservoir on the 24th February.If you need any lures or flies PM me and I will tie you some.
Thank you for your offer of lures or flies Penninelad But it,s not my type of fishing, wouldn't know where to start. The rod will probably go for sale sometime soon along with another Chapman fly rod.

Thanks again for your offer sir :Hat:

Lee.

Oswy
Ruffe

Post by Oswy »

Ljm183 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:55 pm At last some info on the Quinette Mk2b. (It,s actually a Mk26)

Hi Ljm,

A lovely rod.

Can I ask where did you find that information please. I have a Di Maggio and I've been looking everywhere for information. :holmes:

I quite like the statement "finest in the world" .

Is there any more description on the Di Maggio on the page ?

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Oswy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:38 am

Hi Ljm,

A lovely rod.

Can I ask where did you find that information please. I have a Di Maggio and I've been looking everywhere for information. :holmes:

I quite like the statement "finest in the world" .

Is there any more description on the Di Maggio on the page ?

Hello Owsy. The Info was found on Google Search. I afraid there,s no more info on the rod itself but there is a price list with a date and price amendments.

As you can see on the pic below the Di Maggio was a very expensive rod. Priced at £21 in 1964.

Lee.

Oswy
Ruffe

Post by Oswy »

Thank You Lee,

That's most appreciated and really helpful.

Seems like the Di Maggio was an expensive rod. I don't unfortunately have the spare tip or the aluminum box though.

The rod action is also quite fast for such a rod and casts really well, possibly down to the hardened cane.

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”