Allcocks Lucky Strike

The Allcocks Rods forum.
James
Rudd

Re: Allcocks Lucky Strike

Post by James »

Thanks for your comments. If you look at the ferrules, i had a set of lockfast spiral joints which were a perfect size for the rod.I find something a little different can make a rod quiet special. I am afraid rods are not cheap to make ,around 60 hours. £950

A J Davis

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

I bought an early one a few years ago, it was dirt cheep because the mid section is a couple of inches short. I bought a few rods after that one as donor rods but each time they turned out to be Allcocks rods (Isis then a Sapper) so I couldn't use them as donor's. I'm still searching for a piece of cane to turn into a mid section and so the Lucky Strike is still sat in my shed in a bad state. One day I'll hopefully get around to restoring it. I know how much I will love using it.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Dear Andrew,Looking at the picture of the Lucky Strike that you made I recon that rod was worth every penny ,being a practical person I under the skill and experience needed to make such a lovely item.Reelmaker

Dallan47
Minnow

Post by Dallan47 »

Kingfisher am open to offers on my Lucky Strike as I have 60"s and 70"s I will never use again in Aus.

Return to “Allcocks Cane Rods”