An Old Allcocks Rod but which one?

The Allcocks Rods forum.
PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Re: An Old Allcocks Rod but which one?

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Wagtail wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:51 pm Keith hope this is of use..

One thing to note is the "screw butt cap" - that screw might be original to the rod! :Hat:
That is superb Alex that looks absolutely spot on and I note no rubber button so I will leave things as they are with the screw but cap.

I may have a very gentle look to see if I can find any trace of the name on the rod. It may well have been a transfer I suspect.

Many thanks ideed

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Keith,

Have a look at the first picture on this thread, it's probably what your searching for :Wink: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=19647
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Wagtail wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:22 pm Keith,

Have a look at the first picture on this thread, it's probably what your searching for :Wink: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=19647
Thanks Alex - closer examination of the rod reveals a green diagonal band just below the first ring which would clearly have carried the Gloria name but the location of the Allcocks details is covered by a wide (but clearly original) whipping.

Many thanks for all your help which is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Allcocks Cane Rods”