Lucky find - Hardy Salmon rod

The Hardy Rods forum.
ExeAngler
Chub

Lucky find - Hardy Salmon rod

Post by ExeAngler »

Hello chaps,

I maybe coming into owner ship of some old rods through a Patient my wife was looking after in Hospital. The chap said he used to be an Fisherman to my wife and the conversation go on to the topic that he had some old tackle to sell, sounds interesting. It turns out he has one or two hardy Spinning rods passed to him when he uncle died, some old glass rods, Wooden tackle box, Nets and Seat.

He had a couple of Mitchell reel but these have already been sold. I have thinking for buying the Hardy Salmon rod to use for Carp and Pike, (depending on it's condition). He suggested it was a powerful rod. I will post of pictures of the Rod if I acquire it.

He also has a Glass quiver tip rod called "The Ken" . I wonder if that could be a Ken Giles rod?

Lets hope it's a good find...

ExeAngler
Chub

Re: Lucky find - Hardy Salmon rod

Post by ExeAngler »

Follow up from my last post. I had a very pleasant and productive meeting with the Chap last night. The "Hardy" rod was in fact a S Alcocks rod with two tips which dated from around 1940 and I need to find our some more info about this rod from anywhere I can. The other Cane rod was a Sowerbutts lure rod of around 7 - 8 feet in quite good condition. This also data from around 1940. I will post some pictures in the relevant Topic.

Alas, no Hardy rod I am afraid.

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”