Fly rod or spinning rod

The Hardy Rods forum.
Newtocane
Ruffe

Fly rod or spinning rod

Post by Newtocane »

Good evening all, am looking at the following rod on ebay, described as "Hardy Palakona split cane trout fly rod for refurbishment or decoration, rod No.7296B, c1916, originally 12’ -3 piece, the middle and tip sections are now shorter but still very fishable."

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312430587472

Any help appreciated

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: Fly rod or spinning rod

Post by Nigel Rainton »

It's a salmon fly rod, I don't think we are allowed to mention items on there :-(

Newtocane
Ruffe

Post by Newtocane »

Thank you, although the description ays fly rod, the rings make it look like a spinning rod, which would be perfect!

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

i don;t thick its all one rod ,the butt section has what appears too be a twist lock ferrule (female with spiral track) although in similar coloured threads the mid section has a male twist lock at the bottom joint and standard ferrules (not twist lock) at the top joint and the tip is not only a different coloured whippings ,its a bit of a miss mash.it may of had the mid section cut down so a replacement tip could be used hence the mixed ferrules used and differing top joint.i think its a bit expensive for what it is.as a possible project rod ,the option would be to equal the lengths and shorten the butt section to match the others ,this would reduce the rod to around 10ft-10.6ft it would work as a spinning rod ,but i think better candidates at cheaper costs would be better starting point .it'd work but the action might be a bit heavier than expected.
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”