Hardy Jet Midge 6`3" 3.5wt

The Hardy Rods forum.
Michael
Tench

Hardy Jet Midge 6`3" 3.5wt

Post by Michael »

I`ve just acquired a Hardy Jet Midge 6`3" - 3.5wt. I have been told the jet series was the fore runner of the Fibalite series. Has anyone got any Hardy catalogues pre 1976, that has the Jet Midge listed. Any information about the rod appreciated

Paddex

Re: Hardy Jet Midge 6`3" 3.5wt

Post by Paddex »

I have the Hardy '72 catalogue and '74 through '77, the rod is not in '72, but mentioned in '74:
"This fantastic little rod has been designed to meet the requirements of the light tackle enthusiast. Designed to cast what we consider to be the lightest practicable fly line, the # 3 1/2. This rod ideally suits both the very young and the mature angler. The rod is made to the same specification as the #4 and #5 Jet Rods and the recommended reel to be used is either the 'Flyweight' or 'Featherweight' reel."
They offer a special 3 1/2 line and leader. The name Jet or Jet Set is used for the whole series and Fibalite is mentioned as "Pieces: Two-piece Fibalite hollow glass fibre".
The name Jet Set is dropped from the '75 catalogue (I have also '76 and '77), the series is just named "The Hardy Fibalite Fly Rods".
I'm missing the '73 catalogue, so I'm not sure if the rod is already mentioned then, but as a Jet rod it is definitely before '75.
I can scan the pages, if you like.

I am also looking for a Fibalite # 4 since a moment, strange that I missed the # 3 1/2 Midge all these years, never read or heard about it, must be pretty rare

Michael
Tench

Re: Hardy Jet Midge 6`3" 3.5wt

Post by Michael »

Many thanks Paddex, If you could scan the pages I`d appreciate it. Yes it does appear to be limited, mine is numbered 88....

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”