Transfer or not to transfer

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Transfer or not to transfer

Post by Black Prince »

My transfers on two of my mk4s a little worn for a better word do I give them a little coat of varnish and if so which type of varnish (Iam not very artistic ) or should I leave them as they are secondly how would this damage occur before I got them I cannot see how two different rods with the same marks no rod rests near the area Image also two different collars Imageare they different dates?ImageImagethanks in advance gentle men :Hat: mike :fishing1:

NiceRoach
Eel

Re: Transfer or not to transfer

Post by NiceRoach »

Very common on all sorts of rods and decals, probably caused by air or water getting under the decal then drying out.

Not alot you can do about in my honest opinion :tea:
niceroach

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

It might be the middle ribbon on the rod bags being tied too tightly and wearing them off :-)

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

If you want to put a coat of varnish on the decals use Thinned Yacht varnish.
The damage in the same place could be down to rings on the tip section when the rod is stored.
The shorter/smaller butt cap looks to be a replacement.

Both rods look to be Third version- 1956/1957: Onion handle. hook-keeper, small shoulder collar, medium brown coloured cane, concentric red or green whippings, brown coloured butt and tip rings. Transfer logo -- 'B.James & Son, London, England'.

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”