Auction find - Kennet Perfection

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Auction find - Kennet Perfection

Post by Rutland Rod »

Here is the rod I referred to yesterday in the TCF chat. Just had a good look and the tip is 58.75” mid 58.5” and the butt 24.25” excluding the button. The rings are a golden finish. Written in tiny black ink near a keeper ring is B James, Ealing London, Kennet Perfection. I’ve read that some of you have landed large fish on these but it seems to me pushing it a bit ! I will give it its first outing soon on the medium sized Chub in my local river.ImageImageImageImage

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Re: Auction find - Kennet Perfection

Post by PershoreHarrier »

It is a fine Chub rod in my opinion and I have had a few decent Chub on my Kennet Perfection generally using 6lb bs line in fast flowing rivers. It has also accounted for Barbel from the Kennet up to around 8lb + the 16lb Carp I mentioned on the other thread. Don't get me wrong on this I do not intentionally go Carp fishing with the Kennet but so many still waters hold Carp these days there is always a chance one will pick up your bait even when this is intended for a Crucian. Whilst it is fair to say it might be pushing the capabilities of the rod a little it does require the angler to play the fish with care in the knowledge of the general capabilities of the rod and that care and attention can deliver a very fine fish.

I am sure you will love this rod and I look forward to seeing it alongside some pristine Chub.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Blimey, Christmas has come early for one lucky fellow :Thumb: What a result, well done. :Hat:

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

David, that is a blooming marvellous KP by the looks of it and a relatively early one - auctions can really be the most marvellous places - well done on the acquisition - you lucky chap :Thumb:

Peter
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Another lovely rod and another fantastic bargain, I can see everyone scanning the auction houses from now on. Well done again. :Thumb:

Wal.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:24 pm Another lovely rod and another fantastic bargain, I can see everyone scanning the auction houses from now on. Well done again. :Thumb:

Wal.
Always worth going to the viewing days

The last one i went to the Internet catalogue showed the picture below

With a price guide of £20 -£30

I went and viewed the lot and opened the brown reel case, a quick check of the reel inside showed it to be in good working condition.

Four days later im watching the auction on the internet ready to bid. won the lot with the highest bid of £12 ( £15.70 with commission).

Inside the reel case is a Hardy " The Perfect " 3 3/8th. Rare right hand wind model.

As i don't fly fish it went straight on a certain auction site.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Nice find Lee, well done.

Wal.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Its lovely when that happens Ljm183, but you do sweat a bit hoping that no one else has seen it. It is the same when you spot a cracking item on a boot sale stall across the row and hope the person who is standing looking at the items there does not pick it up!! That happened to me with a boxed cardinal 3 reel a little while back I felt the sweat coming off my brow as I hastened towards it.

Kevin Foster
Minnow

Post by Kevin Foster »

You’ll be surprised how much spine this rod has when playing a fish !! Not as good as an Oliver’s rod , obviously you have to remember it’s an old rod ,I have one with black reel fittings ( boat show apparently). Which I’ve had a double barbel on!!great rod !

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”