Octofloat Ordinary - whipping thread

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
MikeB3
Stickleback

Octofloat Ordinary - whipping thread

Post by MikeB3 »

This is the one with red whippings and an Octopus. Couldn't afford a De Luxe, this one cost me four quid and I'm not made of money. Please does anyone know the right red thread? Needs a few non-rusty rings and a ferrule whipping replaced, otherwise cork, labels, varnish etc in excellent condition.

Mike

Harry H
Tench

Re: Octofloat Ordinary - whipping thread

Post by Harry H »

MikeB3 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:50 pm This is the one with red whippings and an Octopus. Couldn't afford a De Luxe, this one cost me four quid and I'm not made of money. Please does anyone know the right red thread? Needs a few non-rusty rings and a ferrule whipping replaced, otherwise cork, labels, varnish etc in excellent condition.

Mike
Could you take a picture? If you cut off one of the whippings and have a look at the inside of it you'll get an idea of the original colour.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

MikeB3
Stickleback

Re: Octofloat Ordinary - whipping thread

Post by MikeB3 »

Thanks Harry. I could, may well, do either or both of those but I always live in hope that someone knows better than I do and I'm usually right. There are masses of suggestions here for the De Luxe thread colours but I can't find one for the red. Last rod I did I took down to H & H in Redditch and they found the match but it's a bit of a trek. "Idle" is the word for which you're searching.
Mike

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”