Octospin Heavy

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
MaggotDrowner
Zander

Octospin Heavy

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I cannot find any mention of these rods anywhere. They're 8ft, 2 pieces.

Does anyone have one and what do they think of it?
I see them on the bay a lot and the heavy is often described as a rod for stalking carp. Would it be suited to this?
Too heavy for tench or smaller carp? Approx test curve?
Do they also do the medium and is that very limp like I'm told the the Sealey Medium Ledger is?

Any info from you knowledgeable lot is, as ever, very much appreciated. :Sun:
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Re: Octospin Heavy

Post by MaggotDrowner »

No one? :Confused:
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Bata

Post by Bata »

Hello Maggot Drtowner,
I used the Heavy Octospin for casting a 40g Kopyto. And its quite handy for catching carp from a tree. It is a sturdy type of rod, I even leaned on it as a walking stick when I stumbled down a steep slope. Way to much for tench.
I only regard the handle a little short for two handed casting. Test curve is about 1 3/4 lbs, casting weights more than 20g a required for full loading.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Bata wrote:Hello Maggot Drtowner,
I used the Heavy Octospin for casting a 40g Kopyto. And its quite handy for catching carp from a tree. It is a sturdy type of rod, I even leaned on it as a walking stick when I stumbled down a steep slope. Way to much for tench.
I only regard the handle a little short for two handed casting. Test curve is about 1 3/4 lbs, casting weights more than 20g a required for full loading.
Thanks for the reply! I knew I'd get one in the end. So it is more of a pike rod really then? What sort of size fish did you catch on it and what size do you think it will handle? I've been after a pike rod.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Hello MD and a good day to you, although this is an old post, I can add some useful info regards Sealey Octospin heavy rods as I now have one.
I have successfully used it to catch Common carp upto 14 Lb no problems at all I have not caught anything bigger than that at the moment, very nice rod lightweight and powerful, I feel it could cope with much larger fish too.

Regards Trevor

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Thanks for the info Trevor.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

You are welcome heres a picture of the carp you can just about see part of the rod on the left.

Regards Trevor

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”