Bumble's Red Cross/Grenfell Tower raffle rod

The Edward Barder Rods forum.
Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Re: Bumble's Red Cross/Grenfell Tower raffle rod

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Threw a few quid at it myself....didn't win......isn't that the whole premise of an event where you buy tickets for a less value than the final prize. :Confused:

I'm happy that my non winning funds went to a good cause.

And as for the winner.....enjoy it as it should be enjoyed, you took a punt and you won....fair play :Thumb:

As for the person who donated the rod being subjected to any form of grousing (words picked carefully), to be honest you probably wouldn't enjoy the company of said people grousing, so no great loss.

I don't do Facebook or twitter as they seemed to have outgrown what their initial use was...too Jeremy for me TBH.

Well done Colin and well done Vole. I look forward to a report on it success :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

I was wondering if any TFF members are from the area.
And well done Vole, ignore the tubes and just enjoy a fantastic rod.
Colin, that was a marvellous thing to do.

ATB Macko

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Thanks, Gentlemen, but i seem to have failed to make myself clear - a blend of hobby trolls and self-appointed skeptical guardians of fiscal probity gave Colin, not me, a bit of stick. I'm just clarifying that there was a real raffle with a real prize, that I'm a real person and I really won said prize, to allay the worries of, and quieten, the latter. To the former I wish the Curse of the Arctic Chalfonts, as per my earlier post.

From actual donor/participants, I've heard nothing but goodwill. I hope to show the Barder to some barbel, and vice versa, on Tuesday evening, and shall report back. Cheers, All! :Ok: :rock:
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Well done Vole, enjoy it.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Looking forward to hearing how this Rolls Royce rod fares on the river .. Well done for winning.

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

Yes well done Colin, trolls don't do anything for anyone, they just lead a horrid life causing upset.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Well done Vole, great to hear the rod went to a TFF member.

Wal.

Return to “Edward Barder Cane Rods”