Bumble's Red Cross/Grenfell Tower raffle rod

The Edward Barder Rods forum.
Vole
Rainbow Trout

Bumble's Red Cross/Grenfell Tower raffle rod

Post by Vole »

Apparently the sour grapes brigade have been at work...
May I confirm that Fortune ( in the guise of Ashby Cut's drawing the winning lot) has decided that, worthy or not, the winner of the Barder Merlin would be me, that the rod is a real entity, that I have met up with Bumble and collected it, and that as soon as my weekend duties are done, I intend to go fishing with it and shall report back, with photos.

And that I did, indeed, donate via the facebook page.

May I also thank Lee "ljm" for helping Bumble join the dots and identify me by my user-name! I would have got the message via Facebook, eventually; in fact, I had received it; I'd just been too stunned to respond quickly.

Huge thanks to Colin, for putting this rod up as a prize and thereby getting a lot of us to donate to this tragic cause, and for selecting to do it via the good offices of the British Red Cross, which inspired confidence that our dosh would reach its intended target; to everyone else who donated, helped or otherwise participated; and to Lady Luck. Despite my scientific/rational background, I'm now stressing out wondering how to keep in her good books!

Above all, heartfelt best wishes to all those hurt, frightened, bereaved and displaced by that ghastly fire - health, hope and healing to all. And proper, safe homes!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Bumble's Red Cross/Grenfell Tower raffle rod

Post by RBTraditional »

Congratulations Vole, I hope you enjoy using the rod and glad it has gone to someone who will indeed treasure it. As for the sour grapes brigade....let them get on with it and drown in their own miserable green tinged spew!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Sorry to hear there have been sour grapes but congratulations on winning such a fine rod and wish you all the very best in your endeavours with it :Thumb:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Thanks, Chaps, but it's Colin that has been getting stick - from moaners who didn't even donate and so enter the raffle!
Trolls should be put in their place - under a bridge, north of the arctic circle, waiting for a dimmer-than-average goat that never comes.
In an everlasting February.
Preferably with haemorrhoids.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Great to hear that Lady Luck has smiled on you! I don't understand why anyone would have sour grapes over this, ney matter, enjoy the rod and use it lots and post lots of lovely photos of it next to lots of fish.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Well done no sour grapes from me enjoy your prize you won it I suppose if you caught a 73lb carp you would be accused of all sorts as well :clap: mike

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

I sincerely wish you much pleasure in it's use Vole.
Well done to both yourself and Colin :Hat:

JAA

Post by JAA »

Do enjoy the rod Vole! :Thumb:

Thanks to Bumble for organising the raffle, very decent of thee. :Hat:

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

Well done, Vole! and probably more importantly, Colin!
Russ

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

I was honoured to be invited to make the draw for the Barder rod (even though it precluded me from being a participant in the raffle !!!), the draw being made at the TFF Cane and Pin Match.

Though the name was unknown to us when I drew it out of the hat ... I'm delighted to know it's going to reside in such good company from now on.

Well done to Bumble for making such a magnanimous gesture ... and for the total raised !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Edward Barder Cane Rods”