Barder rod for sale

The Edward Barder Rods forum.
Barbulus
Tench

Barder rod for sale

Post by Barbulus »

Anyone want to purchase a used Edward Barder rod - "The Bishop" - Number 16 - albeit with a slight "droop"...Hmmmmmm

See........a well known internet auction site: item:

Regards

Barbulus

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Barder rod for sale

Post by Nobby »

I did see that...not a droop really at all, the bend comes from one exact point in the tip section, half way up. It will come out with heat.....but will it stay out when loaded up?

I'd be inclined to want to check that out physically I think. I'm fairly sure the seller lives in Ealing, West London.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

That is a very good point Nobby. I imagine it will come out but will it stay out ? Definate need to be "waggled"....

Barbulus

Hoppy-Doffton
Perch

Post by Hoppy-Doffton »

Surely for the ammount these rods cost , there should be a lifetime guarantee.
To enjoy our sport as it should be enjoyed, our surroundings must be beautiful, for your true angler enjoys nature as much as he enjoys fishing. "BB"

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

If Edward's rods develop a proper set then he will straighten it as part of an ongoing service.
This damage is something more serious and is due to some form of abuse possibly an accident (eg being sat on) causing the tip section to be severely stressed in a very localised section. Edward will almost certainly say that this cannot be straightened successfully and will re-take the set once a big fish is hooked. Edward charges £800 for a new tip section.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Thank you Snape. A serious point that.....it has made any possible, ridiculous, decision very easy for me.....and I may say has avoided "that conversation" with the small, but somewhat none the less, remarkably "fiery" on fishing related matters, Mrs Barbulus !

regards

Barbulus

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I was going to bid on this rod, with a view to having it sorted however, having reflected on Snape's wisdom I'll pass.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Snape wrote:If Edward's rods develop a proper set then he will straighten it as part of an ongoing service.
This damage is something more serious and is due to some form of abuse possibly an accident (eg being sat on) causing the tip section to be severely stressed in a very localised section. Edward will almost certainly say that this cannot be straightened successfully and will re-take the set once a big fish is hooked. Edward charges £800 for a new tip section.

Years ago, at the dream factory,whilst Edward was tinkering with one of my rods, he told me of a case where a chap left his rod in the rod rest and a giant weed raft drifted passed, causing the rod to bend around sideways, a one might say, it rogered his rod. This rod is seriously rogered

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Having just seen what a Chapman rod has, in the last two minutes, just sold for on that well known auction site...dare I say I know exactly what you mean ! Yikes !

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Hence my preference for impregnated rods

Return to “Edward Barder Cane Rods”