Speedia Wide reel arbor: final call

The Speedia Reels forum.
Stathamender
Tench

Re: Speedia Wide reel arbor: final call

Post by Stathamender »

Barbelseeker wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 am If you get an update on these let me know please. Is it a printer that you want or access to one - may know a younf lad who got 4 to knock out visor straps for the COVID, who has now stopped making them. He may enjoy doing them.
That sounds like a good solution all round. It's been difficult to find a commercial printer for these over the last few months. The programs for both are available from several posts by Macman and other discussions I've started in the past. I haven't got the links right now (and I'm curently tying up details about buying a new house) but you can search for them here or I'll post them later. I'll also post the spec for the materials used for the print.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Gsmn1 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:21 am
Stathamender wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:26 pm It may be difficult to find a working 3D printer right now but Nobby's got some that he was going to sell at the, now cancelled, Romsey fair.
Hi Stathamender, following on from our exchange of PMa I have tried to reply again, but everything sits in the out box! Very frustrating. To recap...
Ive had a measure of the speedia. Must be narrow. 15.7mm on the vernier.
If you have one, Id really appreciate it.
Many Thanks
Your PMs have arrived. The two kinds are strikingly different here's a narrow: https://www.barder-rod.co.uk/product/th ... ducts-ltd/ and here's a wide: https://www.thomasturner.com/shop/w-r-s ... -reel-box/.
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Stathamender wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:24 am
Barbelseeker wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 am If you get an update on these let me know please. Is it a printer that you want or access to one - may know a younf lad who got 4 to knock out visor straps for the COVID, who has now stopped making them. He may enjoy doing them.
That sounds like a good solution all round. It's been difficult to find a commercial printer for these over the last few months. The programs for both are available from several posts by Macman and other discussions I've started in the past. I haven't got the links right now (and I'm curently tying up details about buying a new house) but you can search for them here or I'll post them later. I'll also post the spec for the materials used for the print.
I'll put a few feelers out in the meantime - no rush either way.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Email gone to the lad in question - will see if I get any response. I don't see why not.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Well - he has responded and willing to have a look. :Thumb:

So I really need the plans or part that he can see. Obviously I have both narrow and wide Speedia drums.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Barbelseeker wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:37 pm Well - he has responded and willing to have a look. :Thumb:

So I really need the plans or part that he can see. Obviously I have both narrow and wide Speedia drums.
This is the link to Macmans three files for arbors: https://www.thingiverse.com/macman2000/designs
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Gsmn1
Gudgeon

Post by Gsmn1 »

Stathamender wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 am
Stathamender wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:26 pm It may be difficult to find a working 3D printer right now but Nobby's got some that he was going to sell at the, now cancelled, Romsey fair.
Hi Stathamender, following on from our exchange of PMa I have tried to reply again, but everything sits in the out box! Very frustrating. To recap...
Many Thanks
Your PMs have arrived. The two kinds are strikingly different here's a narrow: https://www.barder-rod.co.uk/product/th ... ducts-ltd/ and here's a wide: https://www.thomasturner.com/shop/w-r-s ... -reel-box/.
Hi yes, its definitely a narrow. Not as nice as t he marque pictured in the Barder website though!
If you do have a spare narrow, it would be much appreciated. he speedia action is sweet, but the drum painfully narrow! Cheers :fish:

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Just had a look at the links - don't make much sense to me - but I suppose there is some code, info in there somewhere - perhaps with the download link.

See what the lad makes of it next week. Was a price set for the arbor and the numbers? The links show light blue - is that the prefereed colour or does ny brown suit better?

Sorry if all these points have been covered before

Peter

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Barbelseeker wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:26 pm Just had a look at the links - don't make much sense to me - but I suppose there is some code, info in there somewhere - perhaps with the download link.

See what the lad makes of it next week. Was a price set for the arbor and the numbers? The links show light blue - is that the prefereed colour or does ny brown suit better?

Sorry if all these points have been covered before

Peter
No problem.

I have downloaded the files (for each of the designs they're found under the 'File' tab on the the website). That's all you need to print them. A commercial printer will ask you to upload them. It's all done online. Anyone who wants them should PM me with their email address and I'll send them.

The actual colour depends on the material used to print them. I'll check back to see what was used when I had the earlier ones done. The commercial price was around £4-5 per pair. Again I'll check. Because a lot of the initial cost when done commercially is setup (which has to be done by someone skilled) the more you print the cheaper the unit price although there's a limit eventually.

If somebody is doing the G&Y then I would quite like a pair of them.
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Gsmn1 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 pm
Stathamender wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 am
Many Thanks
Hi yes, its definitely a narrow. Not as nice as t he marque pictured in the Barder website though!
If you do have a spare narrow, it would be much appreciated. he speedia action is sweet, but the drum painfully narrow! Cheers :fish:
Repainting (as has been done here) never really works for me. I will check and let you know by PM.
Iain

Björn Ulvaeus

Return to “Speedia Reels”