The speedia, ebay and vintage tackle sites

The Speedia Reels forum.
BBamboo

Re: The speedia, ebay and vintage tackle sites

Post by BBamboo »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-w-r-s ... 232d82a97f

Same seller "it looks as if it has been totally restored" Lol. Well it odiously has because the seller did it why not just tell the truth?

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

I don't think he even bothers to change the description, just cuts and pastes from his last listing, or its the same reel and never actually sells :Hahaha:
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

BBamboo

Post by BBamboo »

Chevin wrote:I don't think he even bothers to change the description, just cuts and pastes from his last listing, or its the same reel and never actually sells :Hahaha:
Its on £43 with 4 days to go Lol its about time ebay put a stop to this, thought they were tying to clean this site up its a joke really.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

There's more paint on there, than when it came out of the factory originally :)
niceroach

AndyPop
Silver Bream

Post by AndyPop »

Not wishing to cast aspersions, but I have only ever had 1 package go missing on eBay. It was 2 speedias sent to a buyer who also sells them. They went missing on the short journey from Grantham to Kings Lynn. My fault for not sending them recorded! Lesson learnt. :Cursing:
"Carpe Diem" does not mean "fish of the day."

BBamboo

Post by BBamboo »

AndyPop wrote:Not wishing to cast aspersions, but I have only ever had 1 package go missing on eBay. It was 2 speedias sent to a buyer who also sells them. They went missing on the short journey from Grantham to Kings Lynn. My fault for not sending them recorded! Lesson learnt. :Cursing:

kings lynn thats a coincidence andy :Hahaha:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I've been going through that chaps purchases.......he's not smart enough to use another eBay username.......he's bought a lot of fishing reels this year.....most of them Speedias...including a pair.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111110938248

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... world=true

No mention of postage problems in the feedback...is that the sale you meant?

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

I recently bought a centrepin off the Bay of E from a seller with 100% feedback. No problems at all the the reel or purchase experience so was surprised to see the sellers feedback had dropped afterwards. When checking the feed back a buyer who people on this thread would be familiar with had put negative feedback about the condition of another reel and the seller had replied that they had offered a full refund but the buyer wanted the refund and to keep the reel..........

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

In over three hundred purchases on eBay, often high value computer and Hi-Fi equipment. The only thing I had been scammed on is my first Speedia. Guy had 300ish / 100% but used a picture of a Speedia with drag adjustment,which I needed, whilst sending me one without. I tried to get a return but he wouldn't answer. Still bemused by that. One of my plus criteria with sellers is a few hundred sales/buys over a few years. Bought my second tonight; hope lightening doesn't strike twice! I've become less vigilant so may serve me right...

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

See next page with quote.
Last edited by NiceRoach on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niceroach

Return to “Speedia Reels”