Marco "Jack Hargreaves" Out of Town Rod

This forum belongs to Jack Hargreaves.
GazTheAngler

Marco "Jack Hargreaves" Out of Town Rod

Post by GazTheAngler »

Just come across this rod on Ebay.

Looks to be a 60's glass float rod. Any of you Modern Arms Co afficiando's out there ever heard of this rod. I know that Bennett's did Jack Hargreaves rods in the 60's early 70's.

As a Jack fan I might put a bid in.

The Old Buffer
Crucian Carp

Re: Marco "Jack Hargreaves" Out of Town Rod

Post by The Old Buffer »

The Jack Hargreaves Out of Town Rod made by Marco Price in 1975 £17.05

The story goes that Jack Hargreaves asked the Modern Arms Company to make a rod which would serve as an all round rod for the pleasure angler, suitable for float fishing and occasional legering. This was the result.

Made from high density hallow glass blanks with built in ferrules it should prove equally suitable for shy roach or hard fighting tench. 12ft long, three piece construction fitted with hard chrome rings throughout with parallel cork handle. Atractively finished in metallic blue with two tone nylon whippings.
The coiled line travels from the reel, it brings up at last, the hook goes home, and then begins the test of skill. "BB"

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

One of a range of rods that they did.Peter Stone ledger,Tony Fordham carp,Gerry Savage carp to name a few i remember.The one you mention might go for a good price if its good.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

I emailed the seller, seem's the tip ring needs re-whipping.

I may well put in a low bid.

The Old Buffer
Crucian Carp

Post by The Old Buffer »

Marco made good sound rods in both cane and glass. This rod would be a good all-round workhorse and a pleasure to use.

There is a Marco Peter Stone (Elastiglass) Leger Rod for sale on the Bay at the moment. Unfortunately it is the Ultra Light version. I would have gone for it had it been the Medium, Stepped up or even the Original. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-PETER ... 3a95287d63
The coiled line travels from the reel, it brings up at last, the hook goes home, and then begins the test of skill. "BB"

Newtocane
Ruffe

Post by Newtocane »

I have one of these rods, given to me by a friend who's father was a cameraman on out of town, was a present from the man himself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Jack Hargreaves”