Check type?

This forum is for recording reel specifications.
Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Check type?

Post by Harry H »

Doe's anyone no the name of this type of check? I have seen it with a few different names.Image :
Many thanks :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: Check type?

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I don't know Richard but I would call it a spring caliper check.
It looks very well thought out and could easily be adjusted by adding stronger or weaker springs to either side according to the bias required.

Wal.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:40 am I don't know Richard but I would call it a spring caliper check.
It looks very well thought out and could easily be adjusted by adding stronger or weaker springs to either side according to the bias required.

Wal.
Hi Wal
Thanks for that,I've also seen it called an Enoch and wishbone check. Still I keep looking :holmes:
By the way the Matchmaster seems to have turned into my favourite rod, might something to do with the Crusian fishing that's available to me now but its just the job for that. Its had quite a few comments from the older anglers leading to many chats about fishing tackle they use to have.
Thanks again for your restoration job. :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Wishbone check sounds great Richard, like the old spring loaded sugar tongs shaped like a wishbone, perfect description I think.

Glad to hear the Matchmaster is getting plenty of use, it's a lovely rod.

Wal.

Return to “Reel Data Archive”