Speedia question

This forum is for recording reel specifications.
Post Reply
User avatar
Harry H
Eel
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Rayne, Essex

Speedia question

Post by Harry H » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:17 am

Can anyone tell me what lies underneath the centre boss of a Speedia, what happens (if anything) when you remove the three screws?
Image
:Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

User avatar
RBTraditional
Zander
Posts: 3940
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 pm
Location: Rural Kent

Re: Speedia question

Post by RBTraditional » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:05 am

Pandora’s box.... you’ll unleash the forces of evil.... do not open!!!!!!!!! :Hahaha:
"Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

User avatar
BoltonBullfinch
Grayling
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:04 pm
Location: Bolton, Lancashire.

Re: Speedia question

Post by BoltonBullfinch » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:08 am

Get hold of the screwdriver, you know you want to, go into the light....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

User avatar
Wallys-Cast
Sea Trout
Posts: 4499
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Durham.

Re: Speedia question

Post by Wallys-Cast » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 am

The three screws simply holds the central hub in the exact position for the spool release and drag to line up. The raised centre piece which holds the end play adjusting grub screw is simply pressed in and is a tolerance fit. It can be pushed out from the inside so is easy to replace or repair.

Wal.

User avatar
Harry H
Eel
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Rayne, Essex

Re: Speedia question

Post by Harry H » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Wallys-Cast wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 am
The three screws simply holds the central hub in the exact position for the spool release and drag to line up. The raised centre piece which holds the end play adjusting grub screw is simply pressed in and is a tolerance fit. It can be pushed out from the inside so is easy to replace or repair.

Wal.
Cheers Wal it needs a new grub screw and it's pretty knackered so was wondering if it would make removing it easier. :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

User avatar
Wallys-Cast
Sea Trout
Posts: 4499
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Durham.

Re: Speedia question

Post by Wallys-Cast » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:46 pm

Harry H wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:48 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 am
The three screws simply holds the central hub in the exact position for the spool release and drag to line up. The raised centre piece which holds the end play adjusting grub screw is simply pressed in and is a tolerance fit. It can be pushed out from the inside so is easy to replace or repair.

Wal.
Cheers Wal it needs a new grub screw and it's pretty knackered so was wondering if it would make removing it easier. :Hat:
If you get stuck Harry, send the reel up and I'll put a new grub screw in for you.

Wal.

User avatar
Harry H
Eel
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Rayne, Essex

Re: Speedia question

Post by Harry H » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Wallys-Cast wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:46 pm
Harry H wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:48 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 am
The three screws simply holds the central hub in the exact position for the spool release and drag to line up. The raised centre piece which holds the end play adjusting grub screw is simply pressed in and is a tolerance fit. It can be pushed out from the inside so is easy to replace or repair.

Wal.
Cheers Wal it needs a new grub screw and it's pretty knackered so was wondering if it would make removing it easier. :Hat:
If you get stuck Harry, send the reel up and I'll put a new grub screw in for you.

Wal.
Thanks Wal
That's very kind of you, I'll have a look myself but if I get stuck I'll be in touch.
:Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Post Reply

Return to “Reel Data Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests