Wotton Underwood Lake

This forum belongs to Wotton Underwood Lake.
Sandgroper
Bleak

Re: Wotton Underwood Lake

Post by Sandgroper »

There is a bit of a story behind the net I have now. When FJT was over here once, he asked me if I still had mine and I said I had, but I hat broken one of the arms in the car boot hinge. I had repaired it with a glass sleeve and while it was perfectly serviceable it didn't look as good as before the breakage. Anyway, I gave it to Him, and when I visited him in 2004, I saw his net, and one of the fibre glass arms had obviously been trodden on and split. I asked him for it, he gave me it and I brought it home. I found another piece of glass the right size, slid it into internal position with Araldite and then clamped it up with cable ties. I let it cure for a couple of days, took of the ties and the glass fitted into the steel spreader tubes perfectly without any of the repair being visible.
Eagles may soar but I will never get sucked into a jet engine.

Chris Ball
Bleak

Post by Chris Ball »

Sandgroper wrote:There is a bit of a story behind the net I have now. When FJT was over here once, he asked me if I still had mine and I said I had, but I hat broken one of the arms in the car boot hinge. I had repaired it with a glass sleeve and while it was perfectly serviceable it didn't look as good as before the breakage. Anyway, I gave it to Him, and when I visited him in 2004, I saw his net, and one of the fibre glass arms had obviously been trodden on and split. I asked him for it, he gave me it and I brought it home. I found another piece of glass the right size, slid it into internal position with Araldite and then clamped it up with cable ties. I let it cure for a couple of days, took of the ties and the glass fitted into the steel spreader tubes perfectly without any of the repair being visible.
The ‘Springbow’ lives another day..! well done Ian

Le-pecheur

Post by Le-pecheur »

Owing to a misunderstanding, there are a couple of vacancies at Wotton this year. Contact me if interested. John

Sandgroper
Bleak

Post by Sandgroper »

Le-pecheur wrote:Owing to a misunderstanding, there are a couple of vacancies at Wotton this year. Contact me if interested. John
A couple of good opportunities there for a couple of guys. The lakes are beautiful waters.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

PM sent
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Something you really should watch:
Wotton underwood lakes footage will be shown on More 4, 9.00pm , this Thursday 24thSeptember, in the second episode of the three-part Alan Titchmarsh series celebrating Capability Brown - its the 300th anniversary of his birth.
Not sure how long the footage will be but I do know the fiming took place in mid-summer and included footage of punts on the Narrows channel section of the Sawmills lake there.
Probably the only TV footage ever of Wotton Underwood lakes- also there was an arial film clip of just a few seconds of the Warrels lake including the summer houses and the mansion in the first episode. The first episode is available on Channel 4 catchup.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Sandgroper
Bleak

Post by Sandgroper »

I wish I could see that. It would be interesting.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Sandgroper wrote:I wish I could see that. It would be interesting.
Maybe someone on TFF knows and has the facilities to save the programme ( on to a PC or DVD ) and then extra the relevant clip and email it as a video file ?

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Julian wrote:
Sandgroper wrote:I wish I could see that. It would be interesting.
Maybe someone on TFF knows and has the facilities to save the programme ( on to a PC or DVD ) and then extra the relevant clip and email it as a video file ?
I understand you can watch the first episode, and later the other two after they have been on TV, on your PC from the Channel 4 Catchup site.

Dallan47
Minnow

Post by Dallan47 »

I used to fish there in the early sixties.The club I think was the Aylesbury And District one.My love of Tench was helped here.

Return to “Wotton Underwood Lake”