ABU 505 SERVICE REELS

The ABU Reels forum.
BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Re: ABU 505 SERVICE REELS

Post by BeechmereLake »

Nobby, did you get the motion picture browser with your camera where you can adjust your pictures before saving them? Comes as part of my package, pop the disc in to your computer then the rest is all done by plugging in the camera to one of the ports.
I take it you have a Carl Zeiss lens and macro option on your settings?
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I'm not sure BL, .... I shall have to look. Certainly no discs. The first was bought in 2006 at Heathrow for £200 (!!!!), the second was bought second-hand on eBay in 2014 for £25........

Generally speaking I have to upload off the card as the port now has a defect on the more powerful camera..the £25 one. I use Picasa to tweak the images most of the time, but use paint to add text etc.

I think your lightboxes are the secret....even colours without shadows.

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Great piece on the service reels. I have had a few over the years but sold them off sometime in the late 1990's. When I bought my first one I thought it was a scam that is until I met a guy who serviced Abu reels and he explained the concept.

My first digital SLR was the Canon EOS 300D advertised as the first digital SLR below £1,000, only just. I was a bit shocked last month when I thought I would sell it and upgrade. It was on the Bay for £59 how times and technology change.

I do have some pictures of the service reels I owned and will upload them once I have sorted out image storage.

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

That would be cool to see other reels I may not have seen before. always have an interest for them. :Hat:

"BB"

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

managed to find the two reels the pictures are not great but it was years ago.

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Forgot the second one.

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Like both of those reels StefanDuma, the first one looks to be spot on with the engraving and the second one is a later 1971-79 model reel with smooth paint work and just ABU 500 on the sticker.
Nice finds :Hat:

"BB"

Return to “ABU Reels”