Cardinal 40 'Model A' - can anyone tell me anything about it?

The ABU Reels forum.
BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Re: Cardinal 40 'Model A' - can anyone tell me anything about it?

Post by BeechmereLake »

Tengisgol wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:30 pm I assume mine is the black and tan as opposed to champagne (that never lasts in my glass long enough to get a look at it!) and is probably better described as good to excellent not mint. Here it is anyway.

If it did turn out to be collectible, and someone was interested for their collection, I'd happily pass it on rather than kicking it about in my seatbox and messing it up.

I think your reel is the ceramic paint finish model, if you look carefully at the paint finish on the rotor it looks like a tan base coat with black speckles all over it, the Champagne finish has a smooth glitter look to it :) :cheers:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Cardinal 40 'Model A' - can anyone tell me anything about it?

Post by Tengisgol »

BeechmereLake wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:04 pm
Tengisgol wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:30 pm I assume mine is the black and tan as opposed to champagne (that never lasts in my glass long enough to get a look at it!) and is probably better described as good to excellent not mint. Here it is anyway.

If it did turn out to be collectible, and someone was interested for their collection, I'd happily pass it on rather than kicking it about in my seatbox and messing it up.
I think your reel is the ceramic paint finish model, if you look carefully at the paint finish on the rotor it looks like a tan base coat with black speckles all over it, the Champagne finish has a smooth glitter look to it :) :cheers:
Thank you Sir, I think that makes it a 'user' and I'm not disappointed about that!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “ABU Reels”